I thought we hired a QB guru?

TreeFiddy

Yet somehow we start the season with a guy that is clearly not the most talented QB on the roster?  And in the post game interview the coach said the ONLY reason that Rogers was put in was because Earle was cramping?  WTF?

Only one of the two QBs looked like an FBS QB and that was clearly Rogers.  Did something happen in camp that put Rogers in the coach's dog house?

If Morris starts Earle against La Tech we might as well shut it down because we will know Morris is not putting his best players on the field.

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 5

• TreeFiddy changed the title to I thought we hired a QB guru?

Starting to make sense how Earle was able to look decent during practice and scrimmages. He was going up against the worst defense in FBS every day. Once he has to go against a legit defense he looks like a typical FCS QB. 

Rogers should start the rest of the way. Maybe Ruder should be the backup and Earle learn a new position.

Other than his legs, Earle does not appear to have the skills necessary to be an effective FBS QB. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

Perspective is also important.

Rogers did look better, but against FIU. Against Cal, not so much.

Stone is capable of some bombs, but these interceptions tell me the decision making is suspect.

I have no idea which to start after that. I am still leaning Stone to give him breathing room to learn. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Stone is capable of some bombs, but these interceptions tell me the decision making is suspect.

I have no idea which to start after that. I am still leaning Stone to give him breathing room to learn. 

I would have sat Earle after the back to back interceptions. Inexcusable. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Udomann said:

Throwing bombs is good but it's the same issue we had with Aune. Strong arm capable of quick strike scoring drives but not good to sustain drives and wear down on the opposing defenses while letting our defense breath on the bench. I'd rather have Rogers who has a solid intermediate game.

• Upvote 1

It was evident this summer that we had a quarterback problem. If we don't have one quarterback far ahead of the others, it's not because all of them are awesome.

That said, it's not our only problem, and given what I said above, I'm not confident t's going to make a difference re-arranging these particular deck chairs.