****OFFICIAL CAL va. UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Coach Andy Mac

3 hours ago, Greendylan said:

I should also point out that it's OK, as others have pointed out, that we are a basketball school.  We can't afford to get enough players through NIL for a full football roster, but basketball is a little different.  That's simply the economic reality...

Yes. People are dumbfounded by simple economics by the age old adage of tHiS iS tExAs!!!!!

Wow. This is a lot of whining. For all those throwing shade - How much do you all donate to NIL? Do you have season tickets? Do you stay for/watch the entire game no matter the score? Exactly. Put your wallets and actions where your expectations are and have some freaking pride. Ever heard of keeping your chin up? 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

16 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

The amount of rope they are given to hang themselves at the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars a year is something even the most successful of us will never know.  

Most CEOs or other misc Chief Officers of public companies (similar pay structure, similar public visibility into performance) never get multiple Quarterly releases much less multiple years to perform poorly and still be employee.  Add a UNT handicap onto that timeline that gives you additional years to try to figure out it, and there's plenty of folks that have well flush accounts because of UNT.

I agree about too much slack.  Still not convinced that it means they don't give a. crap about their performance.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

I'll never understand people getting hyped up every offseason, but especially this one that had zero evidence of how we would play one way or the other. You'd think adults would have some kind of rational thinking skills. 

I think some saw it. Others refused to see it. The defense, particularly run defense, was doomed from the start when a non-DC was pulled in to run the stack. We then proceeded to lose significantly more production to the portal than what we brought in. Then, a week ago, it's announced a former FCS QB wins the job. Sort of all... concerning. 

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

19 hours ago, Greendylan said:

I should also point out that it's OK, as others have pointed out, that we are a basketball school.  We can't afford to get enough players through NIL for a full football roster, but basketball is a little different.  That's simply the economic reality...

Maybe not, but if this is true.... neither can Texas State, and they beat the hell out of Baylor last night, with a bunch of portal players. No excuses. Morris needs to win.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Maybe not, but if this is true.... neither can Texas State, and they beat the hell out of Baylor last night, with a bunch of portal players. No excuses. Morris needs to win.

Totally agree.  There's a lot that we need to fix off the field...portal strategy, NIL transactions, etc.  But, regardless, there was also an in-game coaching failure, considering we went from generally competitive (though losing) in the first half to disaster in the second half.  One coaching staff made the right chess moves at halftime and the other was stumped.   Not a good sign, but I don't want to be too harsh about that particular point after just one game.  We'll see if this was an anomaly or the start of a trend...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I think some saw it. Others refused to see it. The defense, particularly run defense, was doomed from the start when a non-DC was pulled in to run the stack. We then proceeded to lose significantly more production to the portal than what we brought in. Then, a week ago, it's announced a former FCS QB wins the job. Sort of all... concerning. 

There's still a lot of season to play. Measured, but expecting success and accountability is how I look at things. The criticism Morris got was warranted, that was an unacceptable way to play. We are locked into him for this season, so we need to see how things progress. I hope he turns it around. However if things continue like this the AD needs to send a serious message that this is not acceptable. 

Just now, Green Otaku said:

There's still a lot of season to play. Measured, but expecting success and accountability is how I look at things. The criticism Morris got was warranted, that was an unacceptable way to play. We are locked into him for this season, so we need to see how things progress. I hope he turns it around. However if things continue like this the AD needs to send a serious message that this is not acceptable. 

Well, knowing UNT we are locked in to Morris until the end of 25 season. And he doesn't need to be fired, but some changing needs to happen and he has lots of work ahead of him