NIT Win Recap

47 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I'm not saying Hodge has been THE coach of this team for the last couple of games, but they sure frame it that way with the halftime stuff. Almost no Mac outside of the first speech.

Good video

Awesome Video! GMG!

• Upvote 2

Did coach participate in cutting down the net?  If so, I don't know how or why you'd purposefully leave him out of that montage.

Heck, Wren Baker had almost as much screentime in that video as Coach McCasland.   How jilted-lover is that?

I know he's gone, but let's not pretend like the guy wasn't even here!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Did coach participate in cutting down the net?  If so, I don't know how or why you'd purposefully leave him out of that montage.h

Heck, Wren Baker had almost as much screentime in that video as Coach McCasland.   How jilted-lover is that?

I know he's gone, but let's not pretend like the guy wasn't even here!

He was the last guy to cut the nets and remove it from the rim -- the honored spot.  I noticed that the video dropped him as well.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, drex said:

Hey, he chose to leave, so good bye and good luck.  Of course, he will always be remembered, but we are on a new mission now.

Hey, we already played the NIT, so stop posting any videos for it on social media.    Of course, it will always be remembered, but we're on a new mission now.

Make sense?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

So make your own video all about Mac

No one is asking for a "video all about Mac".  That's stupid.  
But it's petty to leave such an instrumental person out of all of these more recent social media posts, or hardly include him like he was an alternate waterboy.

Very few people are more excited about Coach Hodge being the new HC than me.  I, and a few others on here, have been calling for it ever since the "Coach Mac to <XYZ School>" threads really started rolling after the Purdue win.

It just seems spiteful by whoever is putting these together.   Want to throw in more Coach Hodge (which they did)?   By all means!  I'm all for that!   But no need to minimize coach McCasland.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Well, it's a bit weird to make a video about team and not include the architect in the victory celebration.  In the moment I understand not featuring McCasland, but if we watch the video five years from now, it will seem strange.  It's like, if I watched a historical retrospective about the Dickey conference champ years and the video not showing DD...I mean it'd be bizarre, right?

Anyway, here is the evidence that Mac did cut nets down.

339096395_900564977816480_17168186717504

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

46 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Well, it's a bit weird to make a video about team and not include the architect in the victory celebration.  In the moment I understand not featuring McCasland, but if we watch the video five years from now, it will seem strange.  It's like, if I watched a historical retrospective about the Dickey conference champ years and not showing DD...I mean it'd be bizarre, right?

Five years later:  “Who was the coach when we won the NIT?  Oh, that’s right, GMac. Man, that was a fun year. Glad he set the foundation for the back to back Nattys under Hodge.”

The history books will remember GMac. He’s fine.  The team is fine. Hodge is fine.  The video is fire!  I’m ready for next season!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

Well, it's a bit weird to make a video about team and not include the architect in the victory celebration.  In the moment I understand not featuring McCasland, but if we watch the video five years from now, it will seem strange.  It's like, if I watched a historical retrospective about the Dickey conference champ years and not showing DD...I mean it'd be bizarre, right?

Any time we see the 2013 Heart of Dallas Bowl highlights, there's Dan McCarney telling us "This is just the beginning!"    ... and, of course, it wasn't.   
But those were his good times, and it's good to see him basking in that win, instead of remembering him not even getting to the locker room after Portland St.

• Upvote 3

Alright. I think I'm pretty vocal about how disappointed I am with our media department and their lack of output.

I will gladly give credit where credit is due. This video, along with the recent output had been stellar. This one in particular was a fantastic recap. 

• Upvote 1