ESPN love?

Eagle71

I haven't been able to watch much ESPN since our GREAT NIT victory and I'm wondering if we got the love and respect from ESPN that the Mean Green so deserves?  So, did our Championship win get much/enough coverage?  I did see this morning that they are running a banner showing that Coach McCasland is the new HC at Tech.  Great move on their part.  Guess I'll be following Red Raider basketball a little closer.  

• Puking Eagle 1

The night of the title game NIT, the champ gets coverage.  Once ESPN got the entire Women's Tournament about 15 years back, they started giving the NIT less attention.  I remember "back in the day" ESPN covered it much better.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, CMJ said:

The night of the title game NIT, the champ gets coverage.  Once ESPN got the entire Women's Tournament about 15 years back, they started giving the NIT less attention.  I remember "back in the day" ESPN covered it much better.  

I turned on sports center but unfortunately it was also opening day of the baseball season so if they covered it, it was buried somewhere and I missed it flipping channels during commercials. Certainly wasn’t a lead story even though it was on their network. 

• Thanks 1

I could tell the NIT coverage overall as an event was diminished this year, probably due to the move out of NYC and the teams remaining were not historical programs.   Our best coverage was actually being on the main ESPN network for the Wisconsin game.  The final was on ESPN2 at an odd late start time and wedged in between a slam dunk contest and a high school all-star game.   Plus, as mentioned it happened to be MLB opening day too, so our win was second page news.

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, NT80 said:

I could tell the NIT coverage overall as an event was diminished this year, probably due to the move out of NYC and the teams remaining were not historical programs.   Our best coverage was actually being on the main ESPN network for the Wisconsin game.  The final was on ESPN2 at an odd late start time and wedged in between a slam dunk contest and a high school all-star game.   Plus, as mentioned it happened to be MLB opening day too, so our win was second page news.

The “GMG’s” from non UNT affiliated co workers was equal/more from our Purdue win.  Regardless of how the people found out about our win, they found about it. Still on cloud nine. Great season!

Edited by Glory to the Green
Clarity
  • Upvote 2

I will say in Vegas yesterday I had two people approach me saying they watched our game (I had on my NT hat) and asked if I had been at the Orleans the night before.  Both watched it on TV and neither had anything to do with either UAB or NT as far as I could tell.

• Upvote 5