Green Brigade

MeanGreen22

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen17 said:

Dr Cook is still around. 

This is why I thought he was gone already:

https://www.ithaca.edu/academics/school-music-theatre-and-dance/faculty-and-staff/new-faculty-2023-24

I would have expected a replacement to have been chosen by now.

Edited by Stix

41 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Not really. I went back and watched the game and even in crunch time they didn't do much.

Better than nothing though. 

I mean c'mon. They're not actors. Given the scenario, it wasn't bad. Imagine being told to throw on a red shirt and walk into a UNLV game and play and cheer for UNLV.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Not really. I went back and watched the game and even in crunch time they didn't do much.

Better than nothing though. 

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I mean c'mon. They're not actors. Given the scenario, it wasn't bad. Imagine being told to throw on a red shirt and walk into a UNLV game and play and cheer for UNLV.

Yeah it was fine. They played well enough. Like I wrote on the post, however, the vibes are off. They don't care! I don't expect them to, but it is evident once you look. 

Now, It isn't a big deal and I'm sure there were other considerations. I think they used some budget to stay at the Vdara -- and give the guys a first class trip. If that means skimping on the band a little? Well, I don't hate the choice they made. Mostly I just wonder if they had put out a donation link to quickly get the trip funded if the greater GMG presence would have made it happen. 

10 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

Yeah it was fine. They played well enough. Like I wrote on the post, however, the vibes are off. They don't care! I don't expect them to, but it is evident once you look. 

Now, It isn't a big deal and I'm sure there were other considerations. I think they used some budget to stay at the Vdara -- and give the guys a first class trip. If that means skimping on the band a little? Well, I don't hate the choice they made. Mostly I just wonder if they had put out a donation link to quickly get the trip funded if the greater GMG presence would have made it happen. 

Yes, mgn would've forked up. And it's not skimping. It's neglecting altogether. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Stix said:

I wonder whether the fact that a new Green Brigade director hasn't been named was a factor in not getting a pep band to Las Vegas.  The Green Brigade website still names Daniel Cook as the director. 😞

He will not take his new position until the end if the semester.