‘24 QB Noah Lugo (Haslet Eaton)

BillySee58

I was also surprised.  His passing yards are rather run-of-the-mill in that he only had five more TDs than he had interceptions.  The key had to be that he had only two less rushing touchdowns than he had passing.  Rice seems to have been searching for a dual quarterback as well and they offered before we did.  Surely both of us can't be that wrong.

This changes my thoughts on our pecking order.  I expect that the backups are liable to be Jace Ruder and Stone Earle.  Grant Gunnell and J D Head are pocket passers for the most part.

• Upvote 1

Seems to have good size. Looks like a mobile QB with an arm. Will be a vastly different offense than the one Littrell employed, with all who touch the ball being expected to also be receivers. I do not believe running backs were considered much of a receiving target for Littrell. Should be very exciting-an offense in continual motion.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 1:15 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

When coaches are recruiting they are looking a more than stats. Stats do not always tell the real story.

You're right that stats do not always tell the real story but I think more often than not they do tell the story.  It could be the coaching and when he gets to the next level they can eliminate bad habits.  It could be that the receivers can't clear the defensive backs but in those situations he should intentionally overthrow or try to run the ball.