Once we hire a HC - His most important hire?

El Paso Eagle

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Regardless of who the hire is, Recruiters. Dawgs on the recruiting trail. #1 priority. Recruit. Recruit. Recruit. 

Hopefully coaches who have recruited to G5 or FCS schools. Not sure how a coach who was able to recruit to a Big$ school will do on our level.

7 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Hopefully coaches who have recruited to G5 or FCS schools. Not sure how a coach who was able to recruit to a Big$ school will do on our level.

Sure. But coaches have the ability to be personable, relatable and then to make their pitch while staying consistent and then being able to close when it gets to cuttin time....or they don't. I don't think the level matters, unless you're at the 8-12 bluebloods. I think it's an instance of whether one is willing and capable or they're not. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

After listening to some stories, especially from TCU players - The Strength and Conditioning Coach

I understand the importance of his coordinators, but we need to find a game changer for S&C

1st we need a strength and conditioning FACILITY!! I bet the new coach is going to require it!

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Sad 2

I know saying the S&C coach is the most important is kind of the "in" thing to say, but I just don't buy it.

If we hire an offensive-minded coach, I'd say DC is most important with QB coach coming in a close second.

If we hire a defensive-minded coach, I'd say OC is the most important. I'm also assuming OC is the QB coach.

• Upvote 2