maybe I have lost track

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

“Starting from scratch”?

Tylor, Abou, Rubin, & Aaron all return.  That is a fantastic core, certainly enough to win CUSA again.

Our success could depend a lot on Abou's play.  If he plays like he did at the end of 2022, we will be very strong.

Would also like to see someone that can attach the basket from the 3 point line, not just pop up like Tyler did to hit 3s.  He did attack the rim a few times, but it wasn't like Hamlet.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Have we signed any new faces for next years team?  If we haven't is this normal?   When do we sign the new guys?    

I maybe wrong, but it seems to me that NT under McCasland is always mostly silent about recruiting.

NT has a bunch of ships available, five at least. 

NT loses Simmons (although he may have a lifetime contract with Mac), McBride (unless he changes his mind), Murray, Wright, and the biggest loss Bell. 

Scheduled to return; Jones, Perry, Ousmane, Scott, Stone, Morgan, Browne, and Zephir

I also would not be surprised to see seldom used Zephir and Browne gone.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 12:34 PM, greenminer said:

Our success could depend a lot on Abou's play.  If he plays like he did at the end of 2022, we will be very strong.

Would also like to see someone that can attach the basket from the 3 point line, not just pop up like Tyler did to hit 3s.  He did attack the rim a few times, but it wasn't like Hamlet.

I think our biggest need is a slasher or banger to the hoop from the perimeter. A stout 4 with the butt post up would be sweet. It has been mentioned that we will play more up tempo which would make sense it we can't fill these positions.

1 minute ago, Wag Tag said:

I think our biggest need is a slasher or banger to the hoop from the perimeter. A stout 4 with the butt post up would be sweet. It has been mentioned that we will play more up tempo which would make sense it we can't fill these positions.

My focus has shifted to this.  Would love another capable big, obviously, but I think Coach Mac wants and needs a guy who is a threat to beat his man from the outside, penetrate, and score.

We had traces of it last year, but I don't think it is enough.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

My focus has shifted to this.  Would love another capable big, obviously, but I think Coach Mac wants and needs a guy who is a threat to beat his man from the outside, penetrate, and score.

We had traces of it last year, but I don't think it is enough.

Yup. And the other problem with getting another big is, unless they can play the 4 spot, there are only 40 minutes to be spread among players at the 5 spot. Abou takes up about 24 of those minutes. We don’t play two traditional bigs at the same time under Mccasland, and he never has as a D1 HC.

There are more minutes to fill at off-ball guard with McBride and Murray departing.

• Upvote 2