84 SO, RFR, FR

TreeFiddy

Looking at the roster, I did not realize we have 84 players that are SO, RFR, or FR.  I assume that Covid year may have something to do with that, but man that is a young roster.

We have 8 seniors and 13 juniors on the roster. 

Based on the media guide for the Liberty game we had 2 SR starters on offense (Jason Pirtle, Deandre Torrey) and 4 SR starters on defense (Dion Novil, Caleb Colvin, Tyreke Davis, Makyle Sanders).  Not sure what this says about us, but we are most definitely not a senior laden team.  Trying to find some positives among plenty of negatives.

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 6

• TreeFiddy changed the title to 84 SO, RFR, FR
1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

Looking at the roster, I did not realize we have 84 players that are SO, RFR, or FR.  I assume that Covid year may have something to do with that, but man that is a young roster.

We have 8 seniors and 13 juniors on the roster. 

Based on the media guide for the Liberty game we had 2 SR starters on offense (Jason Pirtle, Deandre Torry) and 4 SR starters on defense (Dion Novil, Caleb Colvin, Tyreke Davis, Makyle Sanders).  Not sure what this says about us, but we are most definitely not a senior laden team.  Trying to find some positives among plenty of negatives.

Now gotta' keep them from transferring AND flip the transfer portal flow to our favor.

Speaking about the game programs, IMHO the programs are terrible. No information about starting line ups, opposing team info, and CUSA scheduling.

Yes this team is very young. Liberty did pick on our true freshmen CB’s late in the game.  The true freshmen and red shirt freshmen played well and gained game experience against a good team and players. 

• Upvote 1