Mean Green Routs Defending Champs: 247 article

UNTLifer

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/North-Texas-Mean-Green-basketball-rout-reigning-champs-Old-Dominion-on-senior-night-Javion-Hamlet-143851893/

“You could tell [ODU] was fatigued and that’s where our depth has been huge for us,” McCasland said. “We’ve done what we’ve wanted to do to this point, but moving forward it’s 0-0 and we know we have to win. There’s a lot of belief and we don’t take anything for granted.”

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HoustonEagle said:

Side question.  What happened to Roosevelt Smart? He was crazy good a couple of seasons ago.  Is it something mental or physical that has him out of his game? I’ll hang up and listen…….

He was a crazy good shooter. When his shot disappeared, coach looked further down the roster for better defenders/players.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

Side question.  What happened to Roosevelt Smart? He was crazy good a couple of seasons ago.  Is it something mental or physical that has him out of his game? I’ll hang up and listen…….

He was injured and just has never recovered his shot. after a lengthy recovery process.   

• Upvote 1

With shooters, it usually is.  I remember a long time ago Donald Williams for UNC.  One night he could drop in six or seven treys and looked like a Hoops God.  The next game he might not make a shot.

He was the Most Outstanding Player of their 1993 Title.  Got hot at the Final Four, just in time.

7 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

Saturday’s broadcast mentioned his role shift. He was a really good player on an okay team, but now he’s a really good defender on a better team.  As they were praising his maturity in accepting the shift, he made the 3. It was a cool moment.