Important Parking Information for UNT Tailgating

ADLER

apogeeparking2.jpg

First, sorry about this old pic. It was taken before the bridge from Fouts to Apogee was built but it shows the area south of Victory that has been changed.

The BLUE LOT,  just to the right of Victory Hall above, has been substantially enlarged. The entire field where those white eight tents shown in this picture has been turned into a parking lot that spans all the way to the Waranch Tennis Center. 

I'm sure you're saying "but Adler, how does this affect tailgating?"

There are now many more parking spaces than parking passes that have been issued for this lot. Anyone with $30.00 can now pull up and pay the attendees to park in this premier tailgate party area.

Get there very early if you plan to tailgate in the BLUE LOT as we know there will now be a long line for access to the lot. Whereas fans were formerly quickly waived through line with parking passes attached to the mirror, now every car will be stopped to either have its parking pass scanned or to pay the $30 parking fee. Sounds simple enough but we all know that about 20% of drivers will be confused by the simplicity of the instructions and feel compelled to have long drawn out conversations with the parking attendants thereby blocking everybody else.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

The SMU Tailgate Party is located at the base of the Apogee footbridge on the Fouts parking lot side. That's quite a hike from the Blue lot, and parking at Fouts is cheaper and also has a free shuttle service for people that prefer not to cross on the footbridge.

• Ray 1

3 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

considering only season ticket holders had access to it before and now anyone can park there....seems it would be the opposite

Yeah... I am a little bummed.  Finally got season tickets and was excited about the parking pass and now I will have to park with anyone who wants to pay . Womp Womp

Well it 30 dollars early so is it $35 game day? 

I think they should reserve the parking in the new lot for same day sales. 

I am just worried it will place everyone's tailgate spots in jeopardy to some overnight traveling opponent fan that gets there Friday night.