Why Owasso QB Will Kuehne chose North Texas

Harry

OWASSO — Fear and hope filled Will Kuehne in June.

Fear that he would miss out on North Texas, a school he really liked, if he waited any longer to commit as quarterbacks began to come off the board.

Hope that when he did commit to the school in Denton, Texas, that he would be the piece to bring in big recruits to build the class.

That pushed Kuehne, Owasso's star quarterback, to commit on June 19, landing a chance to return close to his hometown just two years after moving away to play quarterback and be closer to family.

“That's where I felt best with the connections that I have with coaches,” Kuehne said. “Then growing up there, it's 15 minutes from where I was born and raised. Probably the connections and being able to go back home was what helped me make my decision.”

Read more:  https://newsok.com/article/5600684/the-oklahomans-super-30-why-owasso-qb-will-kuehne-chose-north-texas