Athlon names UNT WR Jaylen Guyton in their Top 50

jdennis82

Didn't see this posted yet...

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-50-wide-receivers-2018

46. Jalen Guyton, North Texas

Guyton began his collegiate career at Notre Dame and spent a year at Trinity Valley Community College in 2016. The Texas native landed at North Texas prior to the 2017 season and emerged as one of the top receivers in Conference USA. Guyton caught 49 passes for 775 yards and led the Mean Green with nine touchdown grabs.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

On 7/3/2018 at 9:36 PM, Harry said:

It was a brutal hit.  No doubt.  

And definitely helmet-to-helmet targeting.  One official threw the flag but he was apparently overruled.  I believe had it been anyone, other than a service academy, the original ruling would have stood.  The replay was obvious.

Of course, that wouldn't have softened the concussion but I hope that it doesn't make him a target for future hits.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

And definitely helmet-to-helmet targeting.  One official threw the flag but he was apparently overruled.  I believe had it been anyone, other than a service academy, the original ruling would have stood.  The replay was obvious.

Of course, that wouldn't have softened the concussion but I hope that it doesn't make him a target for future hits.

Depends on which “him” you are talking about.  🙂  I wouldn’t mind seeing Rhyan England getting his bell rung in retaliation a few times by some team.  (Not wishing injury on anyone of course. )

• Upvote 1

Yes his numbers dropped at the end of the year.  He beat teams so badly in the beginning of the year that everyone keyed on him opening up Bussey and Lawrence who had good/great second half of the year.  In addition, losing Wilson, allowed teams to not worry about the run as much allowing game plans that took Guyton out of the picture.  In watching the games he did not get alligator arms or shy away from contact, which would have been signs of fear of another head shot.  He was just covered up with help deep for the last 6 games of the season.

I expect you will see the same this year until the other recievers prove that it is a mistake to put a defender on an island against them.  Makes Guyton even more valuable even if his numbers do not reflect his value.