I don't wanna hear...

cdizzle86

Yeah. Next home game will have poor attendance. This is why. Everyone watching the UNT at smu game with one eye to see if they can open their other eye and get excited and UNT gives them a reason to close both eyes again and go back into hibernation. It doesn't help we now have to go to Iowa to take our beating like a good boy. Then to add insult, we have UAB coming as our next home game...A game no one cares about. If we lose to UAB, something needs to happen. Something consequential. 

Good initial post of this thread though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Something consequential happened two years ago. There is no overnight fix....not for NT anyway. I guess SL could fire all his coaches...cause he's not going any where.

Making excuses for a UAB loss already? 

Someone's head best roll if we drop that game. That's all I'm saying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think a good showing at Kinnick will maybe change some people's minds.   Kinda like how the 2013 team picked up after the GA game.
Iowa's OL is going to manhandle our DL, but at least they don't have a receiver that a QB can just chuck it up to and hope he comes down with it with almost 100% certainty.

I expect Iowa to just run the ball up and down the field on our D with Wadley.  Kishawn/Khari will wind up with a lot of tackles because our 3 down linemen will be handled 1-on-1 by their road-graders, allowing 1 or 2 OL to release and block our LBs upfield.

If our offense can get some quick strikes on Iowa, who's defense is not spectacular, we can put some pressure on their offense to throw by really keying on the run.   If Iowa's defense shuts our offense down early, we'll be in for a long day because they'll just run it over & over and grind our defense down.

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think a good showing at Kinnick will maybe change some people's minds.   Kinda like how the 2013 team picked up after the GA game.
Iowa's OL is going to manhandle our DL, but at least they don't have a receiver that a QB can just chuck it up to and hope he comes down with it with almost 100% certainty.

I expect Iowa to just run the ball up and down the field on our D with Wadley.  Kishawn/Khari will wind up with a lot of tackles because our 3 down linemen will be handled 1-on-1 by their road-graders, allowing 1 or 2 OL to release and block our LBs upfield.

If our offense can get some quick strikes on Iowa, who's defense is not spectacular, we can put some pressure on their offense to throw by really keying on the run.   If Iowa's defense shuts our offense down early, we'll be in for a long day because they'll just run it over & over and grind our defense down.

This is good stuff. 

Limit the dumb mistakes. Make them throw it on our 8-9 man box. And chop them up through the air for touchdowns in the 1st Q. If we do this, this game could get interesting. I'm not holding my breath though. 

• Lovely Take 1

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

This is good stuff. 

Limit the dumb mistakes. Make them throw it on our 8-9 man box. And chop them up through the air for touchdowns in the 1st Q. If we do this, this game could get interesting. I'm not holding my breath though. 

I would add:

Take some deep shots early. SMU loaded the box all night and we never even attempted to test them vertically until we were down 28. Stop with the stops/slants/quick outs with 8 guys in the box, it just doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I would add:

Take some deep shots early. SMU loaded the box all night and we never even attempted to test them vertically until we were down 28. Stop with the stops/slants/quick outs with 8 guys in the box, it just doesn't make sense.

Wait a minute.  I thought everyone was complaining that we weren't throwing enough quick slants?  Now, it's too many slants? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Wait a minute.  I thought everyone was complaining that we weren't throwing enough quick slants?  Now, it's too many slants? 

It's not too many. We're just not pushing the ball down field early enough or often enough. It must be done to open up all of these slants, outs, etc. If not, we will be throwing into junk traffic like at SMU. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1

Couple of things here. 

Depending on your air raid style, you can either have a short-to-deep or deep-to-short system. Looks like we go short-to-deep.

Air raid is about giving it to your playmakers in space (behind the sticks) and letting them create an explosive play. That is exactly what happened. It's what we did last year, too, except we've probably had more explosive plays these past two weeks than we did all last season. Many catches were caught behind the sticks, and developed into long gains. Didn't that happen on the very first play of the game?

That part of the process isn't the problem.

1 minute ago, Aldo said:

Couple of things here. 

Depending on your air raid style, you can either have a short-to-deep or deep-to-short system. Looks like we go short-to-deep.

Air raid is about giving it to your playmakers in space (behind the sticks) and letting them create an explosive play. That is exactly what happened. It's what we did last year, too, except we've probably had more explosive plays these past two weeks than we did all last season. Many catches were caught behind the sticks, and developed into long gains. Didn't that happen on the very first play of the game?

That part of the process isn't the problem.

I think this is where Darden is going to shine.   Welker style.

• Upvote 1