Biagi suckz

Cr1028

30 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

What years have we out ranked either of them!? I'd say UTSA is clearly a better team right now. Wonder if being around the top of recruiting of cusa has something to do with it 🤔. 

Now you change the blanket statement to clarify and try to defend your point?

But we have outranked Liberty and we had out ranked UTSA up up till 2017,  SL first class outranked Wilsons first class (http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=C-USA)... during from 2014 as well FAU has outranked us as well and been near the top of CUSA but how have they been?

So to answer your question, UTSA has out ranked us 1 time since 2014... so if anything we have been the Baylor vs UTSA.. so what now? Now we can't coach? SL took a 1-11 team to a damn bowl

16 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

What's up with the 2 punt return men????? They bumped each other on almost every fair catch.  Why have 2 guys fielding a punt???

1 to cut the field in half for them to field it so they aren't roaming around, and the other is supposed to aid/ block for the other.. Agreed the fair catch of Darden and Jenkins walking into each other was near mind-blowing

16 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Smiley routinely drops passes that hit him in the hands.  What made the coaching staff think he wouldn't do the same with a punt?  No Smiley, please.

Agreed.. he had problems last year

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Now you change the blanket statement to clarify and try to defend your point?

But we have outranked Liberty and we had out ranked UTSA up up till 2017,  SL first class outranked Wilsons first class (http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=C-USA)... during from 2014 as well FAU has outranked us as well and been near the top of CUSA but how have they been?

So to answer your question, UTSA has out ranked us 1 time since 2014... so if anything we have been the Baylor vs UTSA.. so what now? Now we can't coach? SL took a 1-11 team to a damn bowl

1 to cut the field in half for them to field it so they aren't roaming around, and the other is supposed to aid/ block for the other.. Agreed the fair catch of Darden and Jenkins walking into each other was near mind-blowing

Agreed.. he had problems last year

You're just wrong. Sorry

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

You're just wrong. Sorry

How am i wrong? 24/7 the site that ranks the classes has us ranked higher in multiple classes...

UTSA has out recruited us in 2 classes since since 2012... They beat us in 2013, and 2017..  The rest of the years we had a higher class..

Sorry you don't believe in facts, but whatever helps you sleep at night

42 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

How am i wrong? 24/7 the site that ranks the classes has us ranked higher in multiple classes...

UTSA has out recruited us in 2 classes since since 2012... They beat us in 2013, and 2017..  The rest of the years we had a higher class..

Sorry you don't believe in facts, but whatever helps you sleep at night

They definitely beat us in 2016. Nearly every 3 star never made it here. Stop making excuses for poor jobs done. Things will never change until we change that. You blindly following is great and all but not helpful with this particular issue. So if you're throwing "facts" out make sure they are aren't only telling your side on the surface. You can do better.

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

They definitely beat us in 2016. Nearly every 3 star never made it here. Stop making excuses for poor jobs done. Things will never change until we change that. You blindly following is great and all but not helpful with this particular issue. So if you're throwing "facts" out make sure they are aren't only telling your side on the surface. You can do better.

2016 they are ranked the spot behind us... how is that beating us, when the point you brought up is they have higher ranked classes? 

It also has been proven that players get a boost when they go to UTSA over UNT because of the # of subs that they have as well.. 

I haven't made 1 excuse about them recruiting poorly.. The points that have been brought up are legitimate reasons as to why recruits pass over UNT... Yes some of the things are not needed like fancy locker rooms, but an IPF is something that benefits MULTIPLE sports, and just gets us back to the standard of local High Schools and other D1 programs.. Yes it sucks that we have to spend 20-30M to just "catch" up but its needed... 

Throwing out facts like we have outranked UTSA in 4 of the 6 years is just the facts.. You didn't talk the kids who made it to campus..

• Downvote 3

26 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

2016 they are ranked the spot behind us... how is that beating us, when the point you brought up is they have higher ranked classes? 

It also has been proven that players get a boost when they go to UTSA over UNT because of the # of subs that they have as well.. 

I haven't made 1 excuse about them recruiting poorly.. The points that have been brought up are legitimate reasons as to why recruits pass over UNT... Yes some of the things are not needed like fancy locker rooms, but an IPF is something that benefits MULTIPLE sports, and just gets us back to the standard of local High Schools and other D1 programs.. Yes it sucks that we have to spend 20-30M to just "catch" up but its needed... 

Throwing out facts like we have outranked UTSA in 4 of the 6 years is just the facts.. You didn't talk the kids who made it to campus..

So, IOW, Frank Wilson is out recruiting AND out coaching Seth Littrell. Great. 

And as far as utsa's 'boost'...So that was the difference between their class ranked 1st and us at 10th. It's all making sense now. 

Every post you post is in some form or fashion an excuse for this program in one way or another. Except for the above bolded of course. That just makes SL look inept in 2 facets in comparison to FW. 

Fans like you, literally just like you, is the  reason UNT always looks like we're fred flintstonin' around. No accountability for decades. Just excuse compounded on top of other excuses. And in another thread when I threw out salary rankings for HC and pool salaries for assistants, athletic budget, etc it was crickets from you. We're paying for a better product than what we are receiving. As a matter of fact, we might do less with more than any team in CUSA...Maybe the entire country. Riddle me that...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

So, IOW, Frank Wilson is out recruiting AND out coaching Seth Littrell. Great. 

And as far as utsa's 'boost'...So that was the difference between their class ranked 1st and us at 10th. It's all making sense now. 

Every post you post is in some form or fashion an excuse for this program in one way or another. Except for the above bolded of course. That just makes SL look inept in 2 facets in comparison to FW. 

Fans like you, literally just like you, is the  reason UNT always looks like we're fred flintstonin' around. No accountability for decades. Just excuse compounded on top of other excuses. And in another thread when I threw out salary rankings for HC and pool salaries for assistants, athletic budget, etc it was crickets from you. We're paying for a better product than what we are receiving. As a matter of fact, we might do less with more than any team in CUSA...Maybe the entire country. Riddle me that...

How does it make SL look inept? LOL they each have had 2 classes.. each has won 1 in terms of who has ranked higher.. 

UTSA hasn't been ranked first either year.. But I'm assuming you meant they they are in the top 3 or 4, which no one will fight with you about.. Yes UTSA has gotten talented kids but you can look this up for yourself because ive brought it up before.. They had a QB from last years class (Rivers) with 0 offers, and to you and others here that would mean he is a bad player, but yet Pearson had UNT and Wyoming.. The 0 offers was a 3* and Pearson a 2.. They landed a 4* who never made it to campus because of the legal troubles, and ill assume that if they were willing to offer a kid with a gun charge (believe it a felony?) then they likely have other shady guys coming in as well while SL is needing to get the roster up from 60 scholarships.. 

We have 2 3* players according to 24/7, but yet Leblanc has been down graded (who knows why), Bean has been a 3* as well... Again you don't like to hear and you claim its an excuse, but its an actual reason for why recruits do not come to UNT... Facilities, Connections with HS coaches, Success, Production to the next level, and nearly 0 alumni support.. Hell Lary Nixon went from a lower 1/3 of the class guy to now the #3 recruit and he has 0 other offers (that i can recall from memory).. 

I haven't seen the rankings about salaries, my bad i don't follow every post create/comment on.. But, when have I said that we are getting our moneys worth on these guys? Only a few of the coaches have produced.. Nate Brown has done a great job... Guys like GH have under performed as well. We can say that this staff is doing less with the most in the state, again i haven't seen you're information but I'm not going to fight it either till i see it because Tech for every player that commits 1 leaves.. Baylor lost to UTSA and Liberty and they had one of the top classes in the nation. Yes we should get more production in terms of getting high ranked recruits but they are doing this for a living and we are commenting on a fanboard..

They are mostly all younger guys outside of Reff, Mainford, and Langston which 2 of them have gotten Jaxon and Bean (even if you dont like Bean, you did at one time and praised the commitment) and Langston has added multiple OL already in the class, and these younger guys need to step it up.. GH needs to perform better (on the field and in recruiting), the WR coach with Mainford needs to step it up as well but these guys are 1st time coaches just like Biagi.

You can blame be for saying that I'm not holding them accountable all you want, but yet I've said repeatedly to contact the staff and the AD office with everyone's concerns, hell i was posting early this past week that they need to release the MGC #, was asking about the flag pole before the first home game, was critical of the planning of the Soccer/Track and the IPF process and the uniform release saying they could have done this stuff sooner and better(but i guess that doesn't count).. Posting our complaints here isn't going to do a damn thing (with the new staff), you can say the old admin would look on here and talk to Harry, but did it ever change anything and that was the OLD ADMIN? No, Mac still recruited like crap, TB still had a job, and RV and the crew still did what they did with full knowledge of what was being posted here.. You may not like the "excuses" but thats not my problem., so sorry they hurt your feelings (ignore me if you don't like it). 

This again has nothing to do with Biagi... We can bash Biagi, and hell I said it after week 1 we shouldn't judge the man for his first game, everyone has nerves and a bad day.. Week 2 yes we can judge but calling for a mans job and saying he is unqualified is stupid, I do not recall any assisant coach ever being fired mid-season let alone after a couple games.. We all read the same articles about him recruiting kids from when he was at Arkansas from places they never landed before, I believe he got Trey Flowers to ARK from NC via just talking to him on Twitter as a GA... Yes week 1 special teams was terrible.. Yes week 2 was even worse, with multiple muffed punts and near blocks but those aren't on him.. They are on the player (the muffed catches), but its his fault for not having found a player who is able to field field a simple fair catch on a PR when its been worked on for what now 5-6 weeks? It looked to be in alot better hands with Darden, but we have to see does he learn from weeks 1 and 2 and role with Darden over Jenkins and Smiley? Does he try some stupid trick play inside his own 10 yard line after the other team just scored? Week 3 we find out if they have moved on from these same mistakes.. 1 week its a mistake, 2 weeks is a coach not correcting it/not breaking it down correctly for the player, 3 weeks it becomes a  trend.. Here is to hoping we break some bad trends vs Iowa

• Downvote 4

14 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

How does it make SL look inept? LOL they each have had 2 classes.. each has won 1 in terms of who has ranked higher.. 

UTSA hasn't been ranked first either year.. But I'm assuming you meant they they are in the top 3 or 4, which no one will fight with you about.. Yes UTSA has gotten talented kids but you can look this up for yourself because ive brought it up before.. They had a QB from last years class (Rivers) with 0 offers, and to you and others here that would mean he is a bad player, but yet Pearson had UNT and Wyoming.. The 0 offers was a 3* and Pearson a 2.. They landed a 4* who never made it to campus because of the legal troubles, and ill assume that if they were willing to offer a kid with a gun charge (believe it a felony?) then they likely have other shady guys coming in as well while SL is needing to get the roster up from 60 scholarships.. 

We have 2 3* players according to 24/7, but yet Leblanc has been down graded (who knows why), Bean has been a 3* as well... Again you don't like to hear and you claim its an excuse, but its an actual reason for why recruits do not come to UNT... Facilities, Connections with HS coaches, Success, Production to the next level, and nearly 0 alumni support.. Hell Lary Nixon went from a lower 1/3 of the class guy to now the #3 recruit and he has 0 other offers (that i can recall from memory).. 

I haven't seen the rankings about salaries, my bad i don't follow every post create/comment on.. But, when have I said that we are getting our moneys worth on these guys? Only a few of the coaches have produced.. Nate Brown has done a great job... Guys like GH have under performed as well. We can say that this staff is doing less with the most in the state, again i haven't seen you're information but I'm not going to fight it either till i see it because Tech for every player that commits 1 leaves.. Baylor lost to UTSA and Liberty and they had one of the top classes in the nation. Yes we should get more production in terms of getting high ranked recruits but they are doing this for a living and we are commenting on a fanboard..

They are mostly all younger guys outside of Reff, Mainford, and Langston which 2 of them have gotten Jaxon and Bean (even if you dont like Bean, you did at one time and praised the commitment) and Langston has added multiple OL already in the class, and these younger guys need to step it up.. GH needs to perform better (on the field and in recruiting), the WR coach with Mainford needs to step it up as well but these guys are 1st time coaches just like Biagi.

You can blame be for saying that I'm not holding them accountable all you want, but yet I've said repeatedly to contact the staff and the AD office with everyone's concerns, hell i was posting early this past week that they need to release the MGC #, was asking about the flag pole before the first home game, was critical of the planning of the Soccer/Track and the IPF process and the uniform release saying they could have done this stuff sooner and better(but i guess that doesn't count).. Posting our complaints here isn't going to do a damn thing (with the new staff), you can say the old admin would look on here and talk to Harry, but did it ever change anything and that was the OLD ADMIN? No, Mac still recruited like crap, TB still had a job, and RV and the crew still did what they did with full knowledge of what was being posted here.. You may not like the "excuses" but thats not my problem., so sorry they hurt your feelings (ignore me if you don't like it). 

This again has nothing to do with Biagi... We can bash Biagi, and hell I said it after week 1 we shouldn't judge the man for his first game, everyone has nerves and a bad day.. Week 2 yes we can judge but calling for a mans job and saying he is unqualified is stupid, I do not recall any assisant coach ever being fired mid-season let alone after a couple games.. We all read the same articles about him recruiting kids from when he was at Arkansas from places they never landed before, I believe he got Trey Flowers to ARK from NC via just talking to him on Twitter as a GA... Yes week 1 special teams was terrible.. Yes week 2 was even worse, with multiple muffed punts and near blocks but those aren't on him.. They are on the player (the muffed catches), but its his fault for not having found a player who is able to field field a simple fair catch on a PR when its been worked on for what now 5-6 weeks? It looked to be in alot better hands with Darden, but we have to see does he learn from weeks 1 and 2 and role with Darden over Jenkins and Smiley? Does he try some stupid trick play inside his own 10 yard line after the other team just scored? Week 3 we find out if they have moved on from these same mistakes.. 1 week its a mistake, 2 weeks is a coach not correcting it/not breaking it down correctly for the player, 3 weeks it becomes a  trend.. Here is to hoping we break some bad trends vs Iowa

There were at least 15 flaws in this excessively long post. I don't feel like pointing them all out. You're borderline delusional. 

To help you with something you've "never seen" though, Mizzou just fired their DC today. After 2 weeks. To the rest of your delusion, a psychiatrist might help. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Can't have it both ways.  Everyone's classes have kids that don't make it.

30 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

There were at least 15 flaws in this excessively long post. I don't feel like pointing them all out. You're borderline delusional. 

To help you with something you've "never seen" though, Mizzou just fired their DC today. After 2 weeks. To the rest of your delusion, a psychiatrist might help. 

Have to agree with the post length foul.

Biagi has in fact sucked azz so far and I hope his seat is extremely hot right now.  

• Downvote 2

Just now seeing this thread, and with the STs results (minus anything Trevor Moore does) being beyond awful, I'm inclined to agree.
Littrell needs to have a come to Jesus moment with Biagi immediately.   Dude has no skins on the wall, and his unit looks extremely soft, despite having some of the best players on the team playing for him... that's coaching.

• Sad 1

Everyone is ranting about how bad the special teams were.    Actually the kicking game was very good, punting mediocre, punt and kickoff coverage was also good.  The problem was punt returns.  And  you can further isolate that to fielding the punts. 

Punting is not the weapon it was with Keena; but everyone should have expected that.   NT had only a 38 yard average, but there was very little in returns, that is a pretty good result.       

Darden appears the answer in punt returns, with that change special teams should be fine.   If you want to fire a coach over the SMU game,  I would consider whoever came up with that defensive gameplan and had the defensive backs playing so loose on obvious passing downs. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Everyone is ranting about how bad the special teams were.    Actually the kicking game was very good, punting mediocre, punt and kickoff coverage was also good.  The problem was punt returns.  And  you can further isolate that to fielding the punts. 

Punting is not the weapon it was with Keena; but everyone should have expected that.   NT had only a 38 yard average, but there was very little in returns, that is a pretty good result.       

Darden appears the answer in punt returns, with that change special teams should be fine.   If you want to fire a coach over the SMU game,  I would consider whoever came up with that defensive gameplan and had the defensive backs playing so loose on obvious passing downs. 

You and I were watching 2 different games then.    The issues with fielding the punts were due to the fact that the return man had SMU players standing next to him waiting for him to catch the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME.   And this was also the same problem against Lamar.  Lamar players standing by our return man... BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T BLOCKED!

I actually agree with your "mediocre" punting comment.   Kentworthy actually got a hold of one when not doing the stupid rugby-style kick that Biagi brought.

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You and I were watching 2 different games then.    The issues with fielding the punts were due to the fact that the return man had SMU players standing next to him waiting for him to catch the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME.   And this was also the same problem against Lamar.  Lamar players standing by our return man... BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T BLOCKED!

I actually agree with your "mediocre" punting comment.   Kentworthy actually got a hold of one when not doing the stupid rugby-style kick that Biagi brought.

The issue was that the punts were muffed.   Returners are taught to catch the ball in traffic.   High relatively short punts, SMU averaged one yard more distance than NT are fairly easy to cover.   

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

The issue was that the punts were muffed.   Returners are taught to catch the ball in traffic.   High relatively short punts, SMU averaged one yard more distance than NT are fairly easy to cover.   

Are ours?

What about the near-muff when the TWO RETURNERS bumped into each other?  

That's coaching, and putting your players in correct position.

I would consider agreeing with you, if we hadn't seen the exact same issues against Lamar.   LAMAR!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, p_phelps said:

2016:

UTSA: 8 - 3 star players, 5 are no longer on the roster.

NT:  6 - 3 star players, 2 are no longer on the roster.  Plus, our two star players rated higher numerically than their's.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

52 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Are ours?

What about the near-muff when the TWO RETURNERS bumped into each other?  

That's coaching, and putting your players in correct position.

I would consider agreeing with you, if we hadn't seen the exact same issues against Lamar.   LAMAR!

Yes, you can contribute anything and everything to coaching at some level.   I am not defending the coach, I thought the termination of Perry was very suspect and the hiring of Biagi a reach.   I just pointing out that with the exception of the punt return game, special team play was not the problem.   We can parse the punt return game forever, but that is a small segment of special teams. 

4 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, you can contribute anything and everything to coaching at some level.   I am not defending the coach, I thought the termination of Perry was very suspect and the hiring of Biagi a reach.   I just pointing out that with the exception of the punt return game, special team play was not the problem.   We can parse the punt return game forever, but that is a small segment of special teams. 

Sure.  
Our kickoffs are moot since Moore is booting out of the end zone just about every time.
Extra points and field goals are virtually moot as Shanbour/Moore are on the same page & comfortable with each other.  Just need blocking on the line to stand up.
Kick coverage when receiving seems to be decent, but that reverse play when up 10-7 was kinda dumb, and poorly blocked.
Punt coverage and fielding is atrocious and benefited SMU to a momentum-draining TD early in the 3rd quarter.   Small segment of Special Teams as a whole, I agree, but had a huge effect on the game.

4 minutes ago, Mg_football_know said:

Go volunteer up there and do better...  let's see if you know what you're talking about 

Those kind of answers are dumb.  If he's a college coach, he should be thick skinned enough for criticism.  The problems have occurred every week - versus and FCS school, a G5, and a P5.  If we were golden versus FCS and G5, but got a kick blocked versus an athletically superior P5, that's one thing.  But, that's not what's happening.

The blame should go to Biagi, though, it should go to Littrell.  Littrell is the head coach.  He's the one who "agreed to part ways" with Tommy Perry, and replace him with a guy who wasn't ready for the job. 

If you were in Biagi's shoes, you'd have taken the job as well, with the better paycheck, and actually title role on a coaching staff.  Cannot blame a guy for accepting more responsibility and pay.  You have to look at the guy doing the hiring. 

Littrell's hiring of guys with very little experience is wearing thin.  He's now 5-10 against non-FCS schools.  If he thought he'd roar in here with an inexperienced coaching staff on the offensive side, then replace guys like Brad Davis and Tommy Perry with guy with almost no P5 or G5 experience...that's a bad on Littrell.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1