Harvey relief / NT equipment truck

ntsumck

UofH started a relief effort asking all FBS schools in Texas to provide their equipment truck to help transport donated goods to Houston.  This was put together in a matter of hours.

8 schools will participate, North Texas being one of them.  Trucks will arrive in Austin this morning to accept donations.

We need all North Texas alumni / fans in the Austin area to donate if possible.  Please help spread the word.

Donation Location / Date / Time:

Today: August 31

Time:  1pm - 5pm

They are asking for Non-perishable food (PULL TOP canned vegetables are of great need), personal care products, Cleaning supplies, baby / infant supplies, first aid items.

MEAN GREEN for LIFE!!

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I assume this is just for the use of the trucks and they will fill each trailer before moving to the next and not just filling the trailer of your favorite school?

Yeah this won't be a look at my school we got more than your school, it is more of a we have all these trailers available to fill up and help. 

• Thanks 1

Hi MGM family. Please donate whatever you can to equipment(s) trucks coming to H-Town and surrounding areas. It will greatly be appreciated to all the folks here in Houston and surrounding areas who have lost everything they own. There are Tens of Thousands of folks plus who have lost everything they own. Most if not all that are in this situation are thankful they survived with there lives. Unfortunately some didn't. Death toll will certainly rise, but it's a miracle that more people in the entire S. Texas area didn't. 

The citizens of S. Texas, State, and Federal Gov. are doing a terrific job provided rescue, relief, and providing for those that lost everything they own!!! For the citizens of S. Texas, and Louisiana the relief effort is so much better than Katrina!!! Thank God. If you made it through without flooding in this area you're thankful, and praising God you survived without harm. 

It's much better here today. The sun is out, but many people are still underwater. Many of these folks have elected to stay in there flooding houses so looters don't take what they still have. In areas there are thieves actively trying to do harm in this manner, as unbelievable as that is during the flooding here in S. Texas and Louisiana.

Thanks for everyone's prayers and support, financially, or donating items to relief effort!!

Sept. 1, 2017

Dear UNT Community,

I hope you are all planning to join me this Saturday for the Mean Green football season opener! I am so proud of the resilience of the Lamar football team and their determination to move on with life and play this weekend's game. We welcome them to our campus as our thoughts continue to be with our students and their families affected by Hurricane Harvey. I hope something as simple as this football game can help the Lamar fans and families as they begin to recover from the storm's devastation. 

This is our chance to honor and show appreciation for our faculty and staff and the hard work you do supporting and instructing our students. If you haven't claimed your game tickets yet, there is still time to do so. Call the Athletics ticket office at 940-565-2527 to get your two free tickets and to purchase additional tickets for $5 each. Read more about the faculty and staff appreciation game and activities.

Thankfully, this game also provides many opportunities to help those who are in need because of Hurricane Harvey.

A Carter Blood Care donation bus will be accepting blood donations from noon to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 2 (Saturday) outside the Murchison Performing Arts Center on North Texas Boulevard. All donors will receive a T-shirt and a voucher for two free tickets to the Oct. 14 Mean Green football game. All donations made at this drive will be used to meet the blood needs of patients in South Texas.

If you park in the Fouts Field cash lot during the game Saturday, our Athletics department will donate your $10 parking fee to storm relief efforts. 

Opportunities to give to the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army will exist throughout Apogee StadiumSaturday. While there are lots of ways that we can give to the rescue and recovery efforts, cash donations are the most helpful. Read about ways you can give.

The Mean Green football equipment truck is taking part in a unified effort with other universities to collect supplies in Austin. Those items will then travel by convoy to Houston for storm survivors.

Also, faculty and staff can contribute to the North Texas Emergency Fund that helps our students facing catastrophic circumstances make necessary purchases or cover required expenses. It was created through donations and UNT support and can be used for textbooks, travel expenses, supplies, personal items and more.

I hope to see you at the game Saturday!

Go Mean Green!

UNT Proud,
Neal Smatresk 
President

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texas FBS teams are sending a convoy of trucks to help out in Houston 💪 <a href="https://t.co/DI7LCpbDHb">pic.twitter.com/DI7LCpbDHb</a></p>&mdash; RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/903633434299564036">September 1, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Doing good and building your brand.  

I can't embed a tweet to save my life..... I give up. 

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texas FBS teams are sending a convoy of trucks to help out in Houston 💪 <a href="https://t.co/DI7LCpbDHb">pic.twitter.com/DI7LCpbDHb</a></p>&mdash; RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/903633434299564036">September 1, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Doing good and building your brand.  

I can't embed a tweet to save my life..... I give up. 

• Upvote 1

As a Houston resident this just warms my heart!  I had tickets to tomorrows game but due to the events of Hurricane Harvey I can't make it.  Emailed Chris Baretta at the ticket office I believe within two minutes he had swapped my tickets to the UTSA game in October.  Kudos to Chris!  It sucks I won't be there tomorrow but will be watching online!  Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cjones said:

As a Houston resident this just warms my heart!  I had tickets to tomorrows game but due to the events of Hurricane Harvey I can't make it.  Emailed Chris Baretta at the ticket office I believe within two minutes he had swapped my tickets to the UTSA game in October.  Kudos to Chris!  It sucks I won't be there tomorrow but will be watching online!  Go Mean Green!

So sorry for you and everyone down there. I have family down in houston myself. Good of the ticket office to get those switched for you! GO MEAN GREEN!