DRC: (updated) UNT adds former Lake Dallas, Kansas WR Brewer

Brett Vito

3 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Another case of going out of the way to cut down a player. Sad you have so much hate

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I am glad he will be on the team.  Looks like Kansas had 16 war's on the team.  I do like how the kansas stadium is set on the campus.  i am thinking the speed thing is incorrect.

I agree.  We have several receivers that can beat that carrying a piano on their back.  Almost no FBS receivers are that slow.  

Now, even if one thinks that Kansas -being the dregs of the big 12- is no better than UNT, getting a guy  as a walk on who -also as a walk on -  had earned enough confidence from his coaches to be targeted often enough so he could catch 15 passes a s a true frosh is a pretty awesome get. He doesn't even have to improve, just maintaing that kind of production as RS sophmomore would make him worth the roster spot. Welcome.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

I only read a few comments before I got a bit annoyed. In one of my marketing classes at UNT we had a business man named Mike Muhney come talk to us. A quote stuck to me ( I don't know if it originated with him). The quote goes something like this:

"Not every swing results in a hit and not every hit results in a home run, but every home run is the result of a swing and a hit."

While yes, you shouldn't take an endless amount of chances on players, you still need to take chances. Are we taking chances? Yes. Will we hit home runs? We'll see. Will it work? Until proven otherwise by THIS staff, I'm choosing to be patient.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

He made it on the field as a true freshman in the Big 12. I think he will be alright.

You missed the issue, meangreenmailbox/gooding wanna hate just to hate on a kid stats be dammed. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Johnny Quinn = one offer player

Patrick Cobbs = one offer player

Casey Fitzgerald = walk on

Chris Hurd = walk on

Brelan Chancellor = one offer

I could go on, and before certain people jump to conclusions, my point is why criticize a young man before he has a chance to produce on the field?  Welcome to North Texas.  Make the most of your opportunity.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 4