CBS Pre-Season Rankings 1-130

AustinFromUNT

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Man, you are about to get welcomed into a new reality...

That 1-11 season in 2015 was only a 1 and not a zero because UTSA had to play its 5th string QB in the second half of a game here that we scored a late TD to win.

You'll learn over time that 5 win seasons are about as good as it usually gets around here. Since 1995, when we moved up to this level of play again, we have won more than 6 games 4 times and 5 games 4 times. Every other season since 1995, a total of 22 seasons, we have won 4 games or less 14 times. That includes two seasons with 1 win, five seasons with 2 wins, four seasons with 3 wins, and three seasons with 4 wins. That covers 3 ADs, 6 head coaches, 3 conferences, and 2 stadiums.

We just want victories of any style at this point--I don't care if they are moral or real...

I appreciate the info. I've been Following North Texas since 2000 so you're not telling me anything I didn't already know. Graduated from Denton Ryan in 2003. While North Texas was winning in the Sun Belt and playing at Fouts Field, Denton Ryan was winning state championships (and winning playoff games at Texas Stadium) these teams were filled with talent and North Texas could never take advantage of that. I digress....I just refuse to be the guy that's starving and settles for a piece of bread. 

Thanks for time

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I appreciate the info. I've been Following North Texas since 2000 so you're not telling me anything I didn't already know. Graduated from Denton Ryan in 2003. While North Texas was winning in the Sun Belt and playing at Fouts Field, Denton Ryan was winning state championships (and winning playoff games at Texas Stadium) these teams were filled with talent and North Texas could never take advantage of that. I digress....I just refuse to be the guy that's starving and settles for a piece of bread. 

Thanks for time

GMG

Quick, honest question.  What players off of those Ryan teams, outside of the DT, made an impact on the college level?

17 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Quick, honest question.  What players off of those Ryan teams, outside of the DT, made an impact on the college level?

Fair enough...but you can't deny these kids weren't quality players (that North Texas would have taken in a heart beat) coming out of high school. We can all look back now and say they didn't work out but at the time everyone thought differently. They could have been legends at North Texas instead they chose to go to a P5 school where some faded into obscurity. My point is this, this program isn't where it needs to be because its core is still weak. If you're unable to recruit consistently in your own backyard you will struggle the farther you move away from your own flag pole. I don't blame the kids for going somewhere else either. Recruiting in Texas is a double edge sword. Its rich in talent but there are a lot of high schools that have had facilities that rival some Div-1 schools and if your facilities don't stack up to a high schools, you're going to be struggling at a consistent basis. I apologize for saying what everyone already knows. 

I have always wished we recruited Denton better, especially Ryan when they were winning state titles.  James Battle was a heck of a QB, but he flamed out in college.  I have always hated that Denton kids would get recruited only to not be heard from again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I have always wished we recruited Denton better, especially Ryan when they were winning state titles.  James Battle was a heck of a QB, but he flamed out in college.  I have always hated that Denton kids would get recruited only to not be heard from again.

Battle should have never chose TCU. They had quality young QB's already getting lots of time.  UNT wanted him and I imagine he would have had the position easily. 

• Sad 1