Compare Fine to Mullen Frosh year.....

MeanGreen_MBA

Just now, TheBigCawCaw said:

Not everyone has to agree on things but some get all defensive...

I'm not defensive. I gave facts. HOD depth chart lists Morris or Fine as starter with Shanbour as #2. That is the most up-to-date. Fine is the incumbent starter. It is also well known that Littrell is very high on Mason Fine as a person, qb or not. Just watch the guy talk about Mason(even yesterday talking with Dave Barnett) and you'll see. I'm well aware of your position on Fine but to say he will not start one game for us in 2017 is purely a guess at this point.

I got my posts mixed up, I didn't create this thread so ignore that last post.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

Stop using logic. Some people have an agenda.

ETA: I am not advocating one QB over any other. I want the best player/s on the field. PERIOD. Seth Littrell has shown the same desire. The bottom line is winning. THAT is all that matters. If Fine is the best then so be it.

We can say SL desires that, but at times last year he seemed to stick with Fine to long, and he pulled Morris way to quick. That is the only problem that I had in terms of SL.. He talked about rotating QBs at times to get them a break or get them out of a rout, but that never happened with Fine... What is somewhat upsetting is how well Morris played at times like the HoD, somewhat vs SM, and even SMU he had a good game( with the WRs to blame for 1 or 2 of the INTs.) This job should be a week to week job till someone takes a hold of it.. Pearson, Izzy, Fine, Quinn, Carson, O'Hara should come in here Day 1 with the chance to win it.. I would prefer that Izzy, Pearson, or Fine wins it but let the best man win. Once we have someone who can come in put together 3-4 solid games in a row then maybe we got something... Pearson has the accuracy we all need and the size it seems like, Izzy it's reported is a Dual-Threat QB, and Fine everyone just loves the energy and drive for the game...

I know that's off topic from your post, but its more about the logic and how all of us need to now expect more successful production and not garbage time production..

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

These are all things that I would expect a freshman to improve on over his first full offseason.
He took some terrible sacks.

You have 5 years to play 4.   You can redshirt anywhere in there.

SL said that before Fine came in vs SMU, he went over and asked Fine if he was ready to go in, and if he was okay burning his RS... I'm assuming that there is a way for UNT to claim he was never RSed? or a way to replace the RS since it didn't even last a game.. but if not he already burned his RS, I believe

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

Who is the WR that came from Locust Grove with Mason Fine ?  I think he redshirted.  Is he still around ? 

I like Mason Fine.

GO MEAN GREEN

Pirtle and he is still around.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

SL said that before Fine came in vs SMU, he went over and asked Fine if he was ready to go in, and if he was okay burning his RS... I'm assuming that there is a way for UNT to claim he was never RSed? or a way to replace the RS since it didn't even last a game.. but if not he already burned his RS, I believe

This is figurative.   You don't have to declare a redshirt at the beginning at the year or anything.   Littrell was just saying: "Change in plans, you're the man now, you ready?".   If Fine were to start next season and the season after... then gets hit by a bus before (or up to 3 games into) his Sr year, he could use the redshirt at that time.

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is figurative.   You don't have to declare a redshirt at the beginning at the year or anything.   Littrell was just saying: "Change in plans, you're the man now, you ready?".   If Fine were to start next season and the season after... then gets hit by a bus before (or up to 3 games into) his Sr year, he could use the redshirt at that time.

I'm assuming it would be, but it would make sense as well for schools to declare RS as well.

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'm assuming it would be, but it would make sense as well for schools to declare RS as well.

The idea is that you go into the season with the plan to red-shirt certain players. These are mostly freshman from your last class and, to a lesser extent, players that got injured during fall camp or late in the offseason(See Scott Hall in his would-be senior season). Never a reason to declare at all. When circumstances change with your freshman you play them and move forward. Like Littrell said in the presser on Wednesday. You would like to red-shirt all of the freshman class every year but don't always have that luxury.

The game opening sustained drive for a TD with one completed pass after another by Fine vs. a favored MUTS showed me what the kid could do when he had blocking & the receivers ran their routes.  Some say he got hurt the game prior to the game coaches said he (in deed) got hurt. 

Whichever QB can bring it is who we'll all support. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1