MGB: Littrell bowl presser notes

Brett Vito

2 hours ago, risinggreen said:

I guess he's being a little stealthy about Fine and Wilson. Let's hope so at least. We need both, but I sure hope that Wilson hits 100% over the next two weeks.

I think its doubtful he will be 100% depending on how serve the MCL surgery was... if it was a just a scope he should be 100% but if he had any real damage he wont be 100%.. but we should be in good hands with Wilson, Ivery, Tucker.. 

Also, how it sounds as well is Fine could be worked in as well. Would love to see them have some packages designed for Fine, just to give Army something else to think about when /if he is in the game

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

I think it sounded more doubtful about Mason playing at all. If they were going to work him in some special package, it would most likely be as a runner, which I don't think you do with a banged up QB.

I think Fine will convince them, and its a long offseaon as well. If he can't do anymore damage he should be involved at least

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

I think it sounded more doubtful about Mason playing at all. If they were going to work him in some special package, it would most likely be as a runner, which I don't think you do with a banged up QB.

Fine will not play period.

You have to understand coaching first and what a shoulder injury can do to you....hurts it again and he is out in the Spring and the Fall. Littrell isn't going to risk that by playing him in the HOD bowl. The better QB Morris will be playing in his last game. Then the coaches are going to go out and hopefully find us a real gun slinger who puts up real numbers.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

29 minutes ago, UNT09 said:

Fine will not play period.

You have to understand coaching first and what a shoulder injury can do to you....hurts it again and he is out in the Spring and the Fall. Littrell isn't going to risk that by playing him in the HOD bowl. The better QB Morris will be playing in his last game. Then the coaches are going to go out and hopefully find us a real gun slinger who puts up real numbers.

Coach will play the players that give them the best chance to win (period).  This is their bowl game.  This is what the team has played all season for.  This is when you pull out all the stops. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Coach will play the players that give them the best chance to win (period).  This is their bowl game.  This is what the team has played all season for.  This is when you pull out all the stops. 

Did you watch the press conference ? 

• Downvote 7

Littrell is playing the game he has played all season regarding injuries. He gives little to no information regarding severity and time-frames for return. This is by design. It keeps the other team guessing as to who our personel will be and makes it more difficult to game-plan. The staff felt Wilson was healthy enough to play against UTEP so I will assume he will be out there for Army with additional treatment and healing time. I think Fine will play as well. AC joint injuries are about a 6 week time-frame. If it is a minor separation not requiring surgery then he should be structurally sound for the game. It will all be about pain tolerance at that point. Unless you are in the CFP then bowl games are a reward to the team for the hard work they have put in over the last year. Play 'em both. I think we should give everyone(other than redshirts we are protecting) a chance to get in and have a little fun.

• Upvote 1

If Morris does end up playing the majority of the snaps, that'll be nice for him. He didn't come in and blow away the competition like everyone hoped he would, but as far as a nice little bow at the end of a story goes, it would be nice for him to go out on a high note. Fine has three or four more years to be amazing.

That being said, I am assuming we'll win. I might not be so chill about it if I were less confident.

21 minutes ago, UNT09 said:

IMG_3498.JPG

So let me get this straight, after having one account out right banned for being hostile and purposefully inflammatory, then getting your second account put on moderated posting, then complaining to the mods about it and promising to behave and follow the rules I outline here... you turn right around and start trolling and name calling again?

Take a month off.

FOR EVERYONE:

If you are posting things "just because I like to get a rise out of people" that is the exact definition of trolling.  It will get you either put on moderated posting (your posts go into a queue and a mod has to OK it) or get you banned if you persist.  

BE CIVIL.

25 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

So let me get this straight, after having one account out right banned for being hostile and purposefully inflammatory, then getting your second account put on moderated posting, then complaining to the mods about it and promising to behave and follow the rules I outline here... you turn right around and start trolling and name calling again?

Take a month off.

Yeah he kinda outed himself while patting himself on the back for predicting a 5-7 record in another thread. 

Guys we are in a bowl game. Let me repeat that. WE ARE IN A BOWL GAME one year after arguably the worst season in program history. Let that sink in for a minute. No need to troll, fight, get into pi$$ing contests, complain about too many tailgate events, compare johnson sizes with a poster you don't get along with(just kidding we should totally do that). We are in a bowl game at 5-7 because of academics and SMOOOOOOO isn't! We have 15 extra practices. We will be drinking beer and eating balls in two weeks on a WEEKDAY. We really don't have anything to complain about yet we are going full-bore blitzkrieg against each other. 

200.gif#39

• Upvote 1