Bowl Projections from the Source

shaft

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

Shreveport would be great, but I'm already ocupado on the 26th.  It's HOD or Armed Forces or bust for me.  (Las Vegas would be remotely possible depending on airfare.)

My company is closed on the 23rd and I scheduled time off on the 27th just in case.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2

I could (and would) make 2 of those games.  Only live 30 minutes from the Armed Services Bowl aka Amon Carter Stadium.

God almighty!  Can you believe after last year that we are even talking about 'ANY' bowl game?   Is this heaven?   Yes I know......it's Iowa!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I could (and would) make 2 of those games.  Only live 30 minutes from the Armed Services Bowl aka Amon Carter Stadium.

God almighty!  Can you believe after last year that we are even talking about 'ANY' bowl game?   Is this heaven?   Yes I know......it's Iowa!

GMG!

BUT BUT our offense isn't as good as they said it would be, and the defense gave up points!! LOL give me a bowl and fix the other stuff in off season through recruiting and coaching up the kids you have.  LOVE IT!!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Is there such a thing as a "GREEN ALERT" similar to an Amber Alert ?  Some device that would set off a really annoying warning that the Mean Green have been invited to a bowl game.

(In Church Sunday)

"HONK.  HONK.  HONK."

"What the hell was that ?"

" North Texas just accepted a bowl invitation."

(sorta like an angel earning his wings in "It's a Wonderful Life")

GO MEAN GREEN 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

BUT BUT our offense isn't as good as they said it would be, and the defense gave up points!! LOL give me a bowl and fix the other stuff in off season through recruiting and coaching up the kids you have.  LOVE IT!!! 

I mean, but, uh, the offense isn't very good and the defense did give up way too many points. Did you not watch the season finale. Kind of sums up where we are as a football team right now. Like I have said on a previous thread, we may be the worse team to ever make a bowl. A bowl is a bowl is a bowl, but this was an ugly season. I know we can toot our own horns about what a great turnaround this was, but we are a bad team that still should've been 7-5. The offensive scheming and play calling was atrocious for much of the season outside of pregame scripted first drives. We need a better quarterback and we need one fast. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

27 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Is there such a thing as a "GREEN ALERT" similar to an Amber Alert ?  Some device that would set off a really annoying warning that the Mean Green have been invited to a bowl game.

(In Church Sunday)

"HONK.  HONK.  HONK."

"What the hell was that ?"

" North Texas just accepted a bowl invitation."

(sorta like an angel earning his wings in "It's a Wonderful Life")

GO MEAN GREEN 

Twitter dot com

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I mean, but, uh, the offense isn't very good and the defense did give up way too many points. Did you not watch the season finale. Kind of sums up where we are as a football team right now. Like I have said on a previous thread, we may be the worse team to ever make a bowl. A bowl is a bowl is a bowl, but this was an ugly season. I know we can toot our own horns about what a great turnaround this was, but we are a bad team that still should've been 7-5. The offensive scheming and play calling was atrocious for much of the season outside of pregame scripted first drives. We need a better quarterback and we need one fast. 

You'd find something to *itch about if we were undefeated and playing for national championship. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

As of yesterday, there were super cheap flights available to Las Vegas the weekend of December 17th.  I've secured a place to crash just in case.  Besides, I've always wanted to see the majesty that is Sam Boyd Stadium. 

And hopefully UNVL who calls Sam Boyd Stadium home will one day be a future Mountain West Conference-mate. 

:pow:I know....overkill with the MWC subject....

....but being in that league puts North Texas on a level (or even above) the conference that SMU and Houston are both members. When is that not something North Texas fans and alums wouldn't want?  

More conference re-alignment will happen--not a question of if....but when.  Been saying for 2-3 years now that OU & UT will eventually vault the Big 12 no matter what you read now. 

If President Smatresk & the very affable Wren Baker are not already putting out feelers to the MWC about the CUSA Tex-4 joining them....they should be.  (Also, La Tech if they'd be interested). Just my .02 on the subject.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

We need to find a better conference, out games are not on television.  I was going through the channels last weekend or the weekend before and see fresno state was playing san jose state on television.  We have to do better.  The only game i saw on television for us was Army and that was because CBS covered the army games.   I have to agree there will be a big conference shake up in the next few years and we better improve if we want to be considered.  Lucky we are close to the DFW market but we have to get better in football and basketball.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

We need to find a better conference, out games are not on television.  I was going through the channels last weekend or the weekend before and see fresno state was playing san jose state on television.  We have to do better.  The only game i saw on television for us was Army and that was because CBS covered the army games.   I have to agree there will be a big conference shake up in the next few years and we better improve if we want to be considered.  Lucky we are close to the DFW market but we have to get better in football and basketball.

You be preaching to the choir, southsideguy.

Fact is, North Texas wouldn't be coming to the MWC hat in hand.  We would bring the (soon to be) #4 ranked TV market in the USA to the table.   We've not been chopped liver the whole time, either, because since 2000 & counting our bowl this Fall (fingers crossed)  we will have gone to 6 bowl games.  How many present CUSA schools have done that since 2000?  

The other 3 Texas schools in CUSA coming with us would be essential or this might not be the best scenario. Although....TCU saw an advantage in removing themselves from the rest of the old SWC group by joining the MWC at one point plus.......TCU HAD BIGGER PLANS DOWN THE ROAD BECAUSE......... THEY HAD A VISIONARY ADMINISTRATION THAT DARED TO LOOK DOWN THE ROAD (and rather large endowment coffers to work with, too).

Yet at the time when TCU was in the MWC, a big problem was they had no state-wide traveling partners as the CUSA Tex-4 would have in a new MWC-East Division including La Tech if they decided this would not be too far west for them.  (Something tells me it would not be at all).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, GMG24 said:

You'd find something to *itch about if we were undefeated and playing for national championship. 

Not at all. But that scenario will probably never happen in my lifetime, if ever. I will bitch about getting pounded by teams such as UTEP. That is a fair bitch and a bitch that can't be disputed. That loss will linger like a bad fart for the entire off season for me and it should for all of you as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1