Morris

Andrew

What's the deal? He just handed Southern Miss 7 points. He ran further side to side to get out of bounds than he needed for the first. If he isn't going to take a little contact maybe he doesn't need to be out there. That could have been the turning point if we kept position and put up some more points and went into half holding them scoreless. 

They get the ball at half and if they score it will be a close game again (which it shouldn't be)

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 13

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

What's the deal? He just handed Southern Miss 7 points. He ran further side to side to get out of bounds then he needed for the first. If he isn't going to take a little contact maybe he doesn't need to be out there. That could have been the turning point here...

224 yds first 1/2 is the turning point!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

huh?

He had the chance to run for the first but instead wasted time and energy running across the field and out of bounds. Southern took the field position and scored. If he had run for the first we would at least be 20-0 at half if not 23 or 27 to 0 at half.

you couldn't hear all then fans screaming at him afterwards calling him a "moron" and such?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He had the chance to run for the first but instead wasted time and energy running across the field and out of bounds. Southern took the field position and scored. If he had run for the first we would at least be 20-0 at half if not 23 or 27 to 0 at half.

you couldn't hear all then fans screaming at him afterwards calling him a "moron" and such?

I'm not sure he would have moved the chains, but he could have just slid to keep the clock running.

• Upvote 6

Just now, GMG_Dallas said:

He's made a few plays, sure, but he's also 10/20 with an interception. We need some clock-consuming scoring drives in the second half to keep Southern Miss off the field although the quick scoring plays have been refreshing!

Agreed. I haven't heard anyone at the game who is overly impressed with him. Over throws and not running to gain yards when he has the chance. Take away the two trick plays and we are only up 10-7

1 minute ago, Army of Dad said:

I'm not sure he would have moved the chains, but he could have just slid to keep the clock running.

Agreed. From here he had the entire left half of the field open with a lead blocker and his wr about 10 yards up field. No southern miss player in sight. They all ran deep so the southern DBs were around 15 to 20 yards past the first down marker. It would have been close. Everybody around here agreed and there were some not so nice comments yelled at Morris after the fact. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Take away the two trick plays and we are only up 10-7

I think the trick plays need to be remembered when judging our coaches. The decision was clearly made to get more creative to give Alec a better chance at making plays since he has a hard time making crisp passes. Kudos to the staff for that. I feel like Seth is calling the shots more so than before this game. Does anybody have any insight into the play calling?

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He has someone on his heels on that play. 

Morris is above Mason Fines average in yards and td's in the first half. We need to get to 30 to win this game, imo. 10 2nd half points should do it. 

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I think the trick plays need to be remembered when judging our coaches. The decision was clearly made to get more creative to give Alec a better chance at making plays since he has a hard time making crisp passes. Kudos to the staff for that. I feel like Seth is calling the shots more so than before this game. Does anybody have any insight into the play calling?

I have none, but the play calling is different, that's for sure. We need to see more in the 2nd half. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He did not have a chance to get the first. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I agree. I think they new Morris didn't have the time to prepare for the game so Seth got creative to give him a better shot at a win. I am unsure who is making the calls, but it looks like littrell is more active on the sidelines. After Morris ran out of bounds Seth confronted him and let him about the bone headed decision to run out of bounds and to not try for the first. Seth looks much more active if you are by the sidelines and watch him. Graham was on the bench with the offense after that quick INT to start the game but I haven't noticed that since. 

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

He did not have a chance to get the first. 

You don't believe Morris could run around 17 yards with two lead blockers and the closest defenders around 25 to 30 yards away? Peyton Manning could make that haha. He ran around 20 yards directly side ways to get out of bounds and the defense at that point still didn't really pressure him out. 

6 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

He has someone on his heels on that play. 

Morris is above Mason Fines average in yards and td's in the first half. We need to get to 30 to win this game, imo. 10 2nd half points should do it. 

I have none, but the play calling is different, that's for sure. We need to see more in the 2nd half. 

How did the defender on his heels it catch him running almost 25 yards out of bounds? Alec was by the right hash marks before running directly opposite field and out of bounds and wasn't really pressured. There is a reason why Littrel lit into him after the fact. It was also due to running out of bounds and not keeping the ball in play as well. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I agree. I think they new Morris didn't have the time to prepare for the game so Seth got creative to give him a better shot at a win. I am unsure who is making the calls, but it looks like littrell is more active on the sidelines. After Morris ran out of bounds Seth confronted him and let him about the bone headed decision to run out of bounds and to not try for the first. Seth looks much more active if you are by the sidelines and watch him. Graham was on the bench with the offense after that quick INT to start the game but I haven't noticed that since. 

You don't believe Morris could run around 17 yards with two lead blockers and the closest defenders around 25 to 30 yards away? Peyton Manning could make that haha. He ran around 20 yards directly side ways to get out of bounds and the defense at that point still didn't really pressure him out. 

How did the defender on his heels it catch him running almost 25 yards out of bounds? Alec was by the right hash marks before running directly opposite field and out of bounds and wasn't really pressured. There is a reason why Littrel lit into him after the fact. It was also due to running out of bounds and not keeping the ball in play as well. 

its over. We need to worry about stopping Ito Smith and staying out of our ultra conservative offensive shell. Let's actually tee that thing up high. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

its over. We need to worry about stopping Ito Smith and staying out of our ultra conservative offensive shell. Let's actually tee that thing up high. 

We are going to need to turn it up on defense. Up 20-0 with 1:20 to go in the half and now we're are playing scared. Huge momentum shift on that last drive of the half. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I do enjoy all the people who don't agree.. it's not like I don't do this for a living or something haha. At least I know Littrel was upset with Morris. Again that play could come back to bite us in the butt. Even not going out of bounds was costly (although southern miss had two time outs still).

1 minute ago, untbowler said:

hmmm looks like one team made adjustments at the half and that includes a FR. at QB, guess what surprisingly it is not UNT, once again adjusting

That's why not running for the first was so crucial. We needed a nice cushion at half because Morris hasn't played a full game in a while. It's pretty common that a QB in this situation will go all out in the first half and begin to fade late. Morris and this offense needed that cushion. We are still in it but again Seth is going to have to get creative. I do have faith he will. They had some good practices this week on the offensive side. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Run D sucks. Absolutely garbage. These LB's need to go dress back into street clothes and go away. They are awful. 

Offense needs to get their shit together. It's trick play or bust. Get Morris into middle of the field progressions and quit this dinking and dunking with him. There are approximately 0 good coaches who give up 3 touchdown leads. Zero. 

• Downvote 10

hell 68 players or not penalties and turnovers are to blame lately, good stops for Defense only to be pushed back onto field because of bone head choices

like clockwork a bone head penalty to get USM deeper into red zone

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1