Two future opponents play tonight (Rice and UTSA)

GMG24

Rice is standing strong.   0-0 at the end of the 1st.  Rice is knocking on the door in the red zone. 

17 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Wife and I are on the road to see the in-laws (yaaay) so i cant watch, but i heard Rice has a 3-and-out AND an INT in the 1st Q. Are they looking good?

Rice is up 3-0 in the 2nd. 

• Upvote 1

Just turned it on I'll revise my thoughts. First is Baylor is over rated. 

26 Brandon Douglas for Rice looks to be concussed. Baylor marches down the field some smash mouth football mixed with their air raid.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mgfan said:

It angers me that Rice is hosting Baylor and UTSA is hosting ASU. It shows how bad (lazy)  RV was at his job. I know we are beating a dead horse. Still baffling it took 15 years for some to figure out how bad he really was.

Agree 

7 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

The punter went MIA.  He didn't come out there, Rice calls a time out, then one of their QBs comes in and punts it rugby style 3 yards. 

Great catch I missed that.

Esukpa isn't a big arse RB and he's only a RS Freshman ouch...  14-10 Baylor up 4:11 

Rice has a good Sean turn out for this one. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, mgfan said:

It angers me that Rice is hosting Baylor and UTSA is hosting ASU. It shows how bad (lazy)  RV was at his job. I know we are beating a dead horse. Still baffling it took 15 years for some to figure out how bad he really was.

I also saw this weekenend Appalachian state is hosting Miami. A school in the sun belt, and also a fairly new FBS, is hosting a P5 in their 25,000 seat stadium. That just speaks to your point.

ETA: just checked. They joined the Sun Belt in 2014. So this is only their 3rd season in FBS.

Edited by brooks91
  • Upvote 5

UTSA needs to keep Sturm and a few back end guys in secondary healthy and they've got a nice squad.  Playing sky high right now, ASU stop and score gets air out of sails.  TD by UTSA could be trouble for ASU

• Upvote 2

UTSA head coach Frank Wilson was Rivals 2011 Recruiter of the year and the NFL  named him recruiter of the year in 2014.

LSU had back to back top 5 classes in 2014 and 2015.  Wilson was their recruiting coordinator from 2010 until UTSA hired him.

It will be interesting to watch future recruiting battles with UNT and other CUSA teams.

• Upvote 3