Harrell needs to jump on this NOW!!

On 7/9/2016 at 9:51 AM, Cr1028 said:

He very nearly went to Tech before switching to BU. He may decide he wants to go to Lubbock after all and succeed Pat Mahomes.

i'm pretty sure that the tech bridge has been burned.  tech feels he did them wrong by backing out the first time and heading to baylor and you know what tech fans are like when they feel spurned. i'm pretty sure he wants nothing to do with them.

21 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I would love to grab this kid but I suspect he's going to go somewhere big. He had a total of 23 offers and unless they are asleep at the wheel, all of them will be reaching out to him.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jarrett-Stidham-32336/RecruitInterests

I know I'm probably being a bit hyper-sensitive, but you should use a different adjective here.  I get annoyed by people, usually with no ties to UNT, that make statements as though North Texas isn't a big university.   Last I heard, UNT is somewhere in the range of the top 25 biggest universities.  Let's be proud of what we have and not drift into the realm of the uninformed.  

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I know I'm probably being a bit hyper-sensitive, but you should use a different adjective here.  I get annoyed by people, usually with no ties to UNT, that make statements as though North Texas isn't a big university.   Last I heard, UNT is somewhere in the range of the top 25 biggest universities.  Let's be proud of what we have and not drift into the realm of the uninformed.  

Meaning a usually top 25 football program

40 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Most people understand "big" in talking about NCAA football to mean a "big time" program. A P5 program.  Not a University with a large student population.

On 7/12/2016 at 11:57 AM, UNT 90 Grad said:

Brother, I have been tied into this university since I was born. I grew up in Denton and graduated from UNT. My reference wasn't to the size of the university but rather to a school that actually produces on the field. You can be tied into this university all day long but this isnt a "Big" Football university. We have had one winning season in the last 10 years. I am as optimistic as they come but you have to be realistic with these things. If Stidham comes to this school, I will donate $500 to the Mean Green Club

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The administration at North Texas acts like they are scared to be a big football school.  The alumni want it, the students want it and the administration talks like they want it, but their actions never back this up.  Do something different, take a chance, but quit acting like you are afraid someone in the Denia neighborhood is going to slap you hand if you actually put forth the effort.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The administration at North Texas acts like they are scared to be a big football school.  The alumni want it, the students want it and the administration talks like they want it, but their actions never back this up.  Do something different, take a chance, but quit acting like you are afraid someone in the Denia neighborhood is going to slap you hand if you actually put forth the effort.

I'm away on vacation right now( I know, vacation and talking UNT athletics can't co-exist), and your post reminds me of an article from the Dallas Morning News back in 1993-94, written ny Skip Bayless. I think.  Skip talks about how North Texas always "sticks their toes in the athletic/football waters to see what the temperature is like.  They pull out if it's too hot or cold.

when I return home I'll quote his exact words.  Here we are, 23 years later, still testing the waters.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I'm away on vacation right now( I know, vacation and talking UNT athletics can't co-exist), and your post reminds me of an article from the Dallas Morning News back in 1993-94, written ny Skip Bayless. I think.  Skip talks about how North Texas always "sticks their toes in the athletic/football waters to see what the temperature is like.  They pull out if it's too hot or cold.

when I return home I'll quote his exact words.  Here we are, 23 years later, still testing the waters.

I would give you a +1 except for the Skip Bayless reference!

The above is sad but true.  We are like the big mouth in the neighborhood spouting off until someone calls him on the carpet and he slinks away.  It is time to put these words in to action.

• Upvote 3