UNT vs WKU - 3/9/16

MCMLXXX

My ideal lineup would be Reece, deckie, Holsten, combs, Katinda. Subbing the 3 freshman together Fuller, Brice, and Brown leaving a combo of Deckie, Reece, and Combs in the game. 

Katinda for 3!!! 

• Upvote 1

Why is caring ton ward in the game?? Brown subbed for 1 minute then pulled. These poor athletes are getting Benforded.... 

8 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

He showed some flashes here and there, but I wonder if it isn't something more simple-every game could be his last.

Isn't that coaches job to instill this mentality in their players?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

WKU making FTs we aren't... Brice has 3 fouls Katenda 2 5 minutes left in half uh oh

fuller now has 2

edit: Combs looks very disappointed. Feel for the young man.

Edited by GMG24

3 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Why is caring ton ward in the game?? Brown subbed for 1 minute then pulled. These poor athletes are getting Benforded.... 

Isn't that coaches job to instill this mentality in their players?

I'm (obviously) no fan of Benford, but it isn't unusual for players to find a little something extra when they know their run is about to be over. 

That said, his post rotations haven't made a lot of sense this year. Lack of production from Katenda could very easily be placed, in part, at Benford's feet.

Just now, GMG24 said:

WKU making FTs we aren't... Brice has 3 fouls Katenda 2 5 minutes left in half uh oh

Yeah, that's really concerning with Jeremy being limited!

• Upvote 1

36-24 WKU up 3:30 left in half.  Need to get it to 6 by half to have a shot.  A counter to their big dominance I'd like to see is some full court pressure try to make it a track meet

2 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

if i was western...i would play hack a fuller...kid couldn't hit a FT to save his life

Several teams did just that to him and Combs earlier this season. Jeremy started making enough freebies to get them to stop. Fuller hasn't been playing many minutes in the second half of the season so no way to know if he's improved from the line...

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

Wonder what Benford is going to say in his Half Time speech?

Im wondering if this team will quit like last years team did against Rice

and they didnt. WKU was just the better team.

We gave a far better effort than last year against Rice.

Edited by Mean_Green09
  • Downvote 1