DRC: Villarreal calls club seat prices very reasonable as renewals begin

Brett Vito

Wow. The timing of the renewals couldn't be worse.  Coming off one of the worst football seasons in history.  You have to be REALLY optimistic about Coach Littrel to even give second thought to renewing.  

If I were a club seat holder, I think I'd hold off for a season to see how things play out before I consider purchasing seats again.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNTGuy5 said:

Wow. The timing of the renewals couldn't be worse.  Coming off one of the worst football seasons in history.  You have to be REALLY optimistic about Coach Littrel to even give second thought to renewing.  

If I were a club seat holder, I think I'd hold off for a season to see how things play out before I consider purchasing seats again.  

I'm not sure that they wouldn't come after you for an entirely new stadium gift if you did that.  No sarcasm in that statement.  I honestly don't know if you would be able to keep your seat license after lapsing for a year.  

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I love my Club seats.  I would argue mine are the best at Apogee-first row 50 yard line.  I bought these seats to make it easy for my wife to come to all NT home games.  there is a lot gong on at the club besides football on game day.  what pleases her pleases me.

I was the second person, according to Mandy McKinley to sign up for Club seats.  The arrangement was that I had 5 years to pay off the "seat license."  during that time, I was allowed to waive my Mean Green Club dues, which helped me keep up my payments.  I put aside money each week and every 3 months, made a payment to the Athletic Dept.  I still had to buy season tickets, which I would have done even had we still been at Fouts.  So now, even with an increase in the Mean Green Club commitment, I'm spending less per month/year than I was during the payout period. 

I don't know how others will approach the new Mean Green Club promise.  North Texas football, even with all it's problems, is still how I want to spend 6 Saturdays per year.  I've met lots of great people following the Mean Green.  The Club is a great place to visit, whine or cheer with them and I look forward to doing so for many years.

GO MEAN GREEN

Don't forget the greatest amenities the Club Seats offer you...plenty of room to stretch out in.

Rick

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Streching out is a benefit.  And lately, I can lay down across about 4 seats.  Joe

The bonus is I pay for the cheap club seats and sit on the 50 yard line because there are soooooo many empty seats.

And ya, this won't end well, but RV and Mark are happy. What else is there?

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 7

The reality is, if we want to continue to meet the cost of attendance and do that things we want to do, we have to keep up with the cost.

This statement leads me to two thoughts: 

1) I am curious as to what they are doing differently that is driving up the cost of attendance, and 

B) I feel sorry that club owners are having to foot the bill for the lack of activity in the lower bowl (which is, I assume, a reason that we aren't keeping up with costs).

I mean, prices are "reasonable" due to supply and demand. Compare supply and demand at places like UH.

I've got my tickets and damn I got some good seats (cause no one's buying any yet). It's the little things, nowadays. 

Edit: Oh snap a thousand posts

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Aldo said:

1) I am curious as to what they are doing differently that is driving up the cost of attendance, and 

B) I feel sorry that club owners are having to foot the bill for the lack of activity in the lower bowl (which is, I assume, a reason that we aren't keeping up with costs).

I mean, prices are "reasonable" due to supply and demand. Compare supply and demand at places like UH.

I've got my tickets and damn I got some good seats (cause no one's buying any yet). It's the little things, nowadays. 

1) We are paying the players the cost of attendance stipend. The stipend didn't exist two years ago and don't forget about the reported dramatic decrease in tv money for the conference...

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Army of Dad said:

1) We are paying the players the cost of attendance stipend. The stipend didn't exist two years ago and don't forget about the reported dramatic decrease in tv money for the conference...

ah that cost of attendance.

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I love my Club seats.  I would argue mine are the best at Apogee-first row 50 yard line.  I bought these seats to make it easy for my wife to come to all NT home games.  there is a lot gong on at the club besides football on game day.  what pleases her pleases me.

I was the second person, according to Mandy McKinley to sign up for Club seats.  The arrangement was that I had 5 years to pay off the "seat license."  during that time, I was allowed to waive my Mean Green Club dues, which helped me keep up my payments.  I put aside money each week and every 3 months, made a payment to the Athletic Dept.  I still had to buy season tickets, which I would have done even had we still been at Fouts.  So now, even with an increase in the Mean Green Club commitment, I'm spending less per month/year than I was during the payout period. 

I don't know how others will approach the new Mean Green Club promise.  North Texas football, even with all it's problems, is still how I want to spend 6 Saturdays per year.  I've met lots of great people following the Mean Green.  The Club is a great place to visit, whine or cheer with them and I look forward to doing so for many years.

GO MEAN GREEN

We are on the same page! Wife now loves going which means I get to go more often. We were even there to see Dunbar break the rushing record in the pouring rain!!This would not of happened without the club seats! When we couldn't go and gave them to friends they are shocked at how nice a set up it is! Let's go Seth! GMG!!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

In reference to what you quoted, that is terribly flawed thinking. The price hike may not even pay for those who walk away. And there will be a good number that do. Hell, Fly himself posted he isn't renewing his club seats. 

Really really really short sightedness by this AD, but then again is anyone really surprised?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

That's what happens when $250k here, $300k there slip through our negotiation fingers annually.  

Rick 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

I wonder if any of the fans who thought other articles were one sided, especially when it comes to quotes, will voice similar concerns about this story...

He tried to get people who had decided to nor renew to go on the record for this article...none he talked to would.  So, he at least tried.  Too bad those he talked to who were not renewing would not allow him to quote them.  They seem pretty vocal here.  

4 hours ago, UNTGuy5 said:

Oh, but you would have to make a new stadium donation.  Not a real good idea. Pretty much need to keep them and pay the freight or walk away.  Renewing was easy for me as I already give to the Mean Green Club at a level well above the minimum required. And, I increased my donation level again this year.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

In reference to what you quoted, that is terribly flawed thinking. The price hike may not even pay for those who walk away. And there will be a good number that do. Hell, Fly himself posted he isn't renewing his club seats. 

Really really really short sightedness by this AD, but then again is anyone really surprised?

I talked to fly...he is renewing.  He said I read his post incorrectly...if so, you did as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Do you know the man?  I do.  He has never lied to me.

I don't personally know either, but I do know RV has made several promises to the North Texas community that he hasn't kept. Most people in the world consider not keeping promises lying. Maybe I was just raised in a weird family

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1