MGB video: Bryce English talks about move to UNT

Brett Vito

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

I love this kid. He seems much more excited to be here than Morris. I can't wait to see him on the field.

Morris is what he is. A rented player for one year who has an undergrad from Alabama. 

Its nice to have him this year, but I wouldn't expect to see him at next year's signing event supporting the Mean Green...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

How much do shaving razors cost?  I thought the players were getting stipends now.  Can't they afford shaving razors?

You just mad cuz frosted tip and phat Jncos ain't in style anymore.

Early 90s Grunge fashion is trendy with high school kids right now, just like late 80s neon was a few years ago. 

Just wait a few years and our recruits are gonna look like this:

web1_jnco2.jpg

The juggalos won't know what's going on (not that they really do anyway).

Edited by TheWestie
  • Upvote 5

14 hours ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Twentieth.  And, by the end of the 20th Century, kids in their teens and twenties weren't trying to look like 60 year old hobos. 

Fast forward to the 21st Century: kids in their teens and twenties look like they slept curbside next to a brown paper sack containing an empty bottle of Thunderbird or Boone's Farm.

It's a bad look - as bad as anything kids in the late 60s or any year in the 70s threw down.  Horrible.  Looking dirty and unkempt all the time.

Shave and clean up before you foist yourself upon the public.  Have some pride.   

In my day clean-shaven men went to work on each other, and we loved it. That was real football.

19 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I think the look will be viewed by history in the same fashion as the mullet. Hugely popular at the time, but a woeful error in a historical context. 

Edit: And yes, I was a mullet wearing fool.

rumor has it the mullet was a style set by RV as well as the sweater vest.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

rumor has it the mullet was a style set by RV as well as the sweater vest.

Not a chance in hell. The mullet was a successful hair style, albeit a trendy fad. 

I think RV is better linked to the fauxhawk. A dishonest hair style Pretending to be something it really isn't and rumored only popular with 17 people.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

15 hours ago, Aldo said:

I'll take man buns and jorts for $800, Trebek. 

Grossssss.

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

It's the Duck Dynasty affect.  Looks horrible as does the man bun.  Guess the man hive is next.

God I hate that show.

And no, beards were a thing loooooong before some backwater Louisiana hillbillies got scooped by Hollywood.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

Ok. Enough hair talk. I have a real question for ye talented interwebsters. 

Who is the new coach that Bryce mentioned in the video? I do no recognize the name. Is that the guy from the JC?

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/01/28/derrick-leblanc-north-texas-defensive-line-coach

54 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

For some reason, that's not the name i heard in the interview... I remember the news breaking but it sounded like Bryce said something different to me.