2016 UNT Football Schedule is Out Now

NTAlum09

Just now, Ryan Munthe said:

If we were hosting or playing the F_Us there would be lots of tears. If we were playing or hosting ODU or Charlotte there would be lots of tears.

You guys can't make up your mind. We're hosting the most recognizable teams in CUSA...we could have a great turnout if the game starts late versus SMU+the Littrell hype...you will complain about anything. LOL

naw

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

This schedule is awful.  How the hell does CUSA justify handing us the top of the east again?  Why don't we get a shot at ODU and Charlotte?  I really don't know what the AD can do about getting the Texas schools off the 3 on/ 3 off rotation but I hope they are raising hell about it. 

I'll try to appreciate Coach Littrell's [espoused] view of the situation.

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020416aab.html

1 minute ago, Ryan Munthe said:

If we were hosting or playing the F_Us there would be lots of tears. If we were playing or hosting ODU or Charlotte there would be lots of tears.

*Buzz*  Wrong.

WKU, MTSU and Marshall won an average of 9.7 games each.

F_U, ODU and Char won an average of 3.8 each.

Give us the easier schedule.  

Just now, Ryan Munthe said:

Did y'all expect CUSA to whine and go "oh look poor lil UNT was 1-11 last year let's give them a break"?

We're not in the Belt anymore. If you haven't noticed.

What the hell does conference affiliation have to do with it?  We want a fair rotation.  Why do other teams get to play the 3.8 win teams and we keep getting the 9.7 win teams?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

As opposed to forfeiting? No matter what schedule we were given I guarantee you we were going to play all those games. lol

Huh?

I'm saying, on the national level, our strength of schedule is pretty darn easy. One of the top 25 easiest in the nation.

We should be able, as a team, to do better. I expect us to perform better, no matter who we play.

*insert fearless undersized looney tunes boxer gif*

1 minute ago, Ryan Munthe said:

You're such an internet tough guy lol

Wow, this is like being knighted by King Internet Tough Guy.  I feel honored.  

Just now, Harry said:

I started typing out my frustration about  this schedule but decided we may need to shift this to a gif thread. 

thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another-o.gif

Fine.

hn55JPh.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yes, our conference scheduling is less than optimum, but overall this is a million times better than 2015.  No Thursday games (at least not yet), no Halloween game, and no home game after Thanksgiving.  SMU at home!

Oh yeah, and we actually have six home games.  Huge improvement.

• Upvote 6

The SMU game should be good.  Honestly, a late afternoon kick would be best.  Let the sun get behind the pressbox and beat down on the SMU sideline.  Morris still has a bunch of Jones' pansies over there.

The measuring stick game will be 9/24 @ Rice.  Win that one and be either 2-2, or if we can beat SMU: 3-1, and we might be cooking...

2 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Good job trolling me for a typo on an IMG tag, buddy. Because GMG is one of 2 forums that disallows IMG. You're such a boss.

Excuse me your Royal Internet Tough Guy-edness, but I have to point out a few flaws in your logic:

1. Of course GMG allows HTML IMG tags, 
  2. what you are calling an IMG tag is probably some markup that other forums use,
  3. anyone can put in a image into a post either using the Insert Other Media javascript at the bottom of every post, 
  4. or if you click on the Source button on the top of each post, 
  5. no matter what markup code you are using, they probably need matching syntax at the start and end of the statement, so you shouldn't star with a [ and end with a }.

PS: As one of your Internet Tough Guy Knights do I owe you vassalage? If so what doe that entail?  Do I owe you 10% of my rep points on GMG?  When ever you internet tough talk do I need to stand behind you and flex while I keep saying things like "THATS RIGHT!" and "HE DON'T WANT NONE!", sorry I'm just new at this.

21 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I'd rather have a team that'll go up against any schedule

The schedule matters.  If it doesn't why even have home games?  Let's just sell every game and get that baseball program started quicker?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

This schedule is awful.  How the hell does CUSA justify handing us the top of the east again?  Why don't we get a shot at ODU and Charlotte?  I really don't know what the AD can do about getting the Texas schools off the 3 on/ 3 off rotation but I hope they are raising hell about it. 

Are you joking?

This schedule, along with everyone else's is just a flip-flop (home-home) from last year. 

• Upvote 1

You can rest assured that RV won't go to bat for us with CUSA regarding splitting the Texas teams home and away in future schedules. He'll also accommodate TV regarding game times, no matter what time is proposed. That's ok for Oct/Nov games. It is NOT OK for a September 3rd game. It should start NO EARLIER than 6:00. This is Texas not Maine.