Baylor Still Not Responding

UNTLifer

Well...our coach and athletic department have two players arrested for hitting and injuring two pedestrians, then lying to police about it.  To date, there doesn't seem to have been any discipline for the two players involved.

I know hitting pedestrians with your car isn't as serious as sexual assault...but, explain to me, again, why we are standing in front of our glass house throwing stones?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I'm just saying that ESPN has a vested interest in UTexas athletics and Baylor is their direct competition.

092594_larger.png6_3016520.jpg

NO doubt that UT has their hands on the timing of it, but still that buries the lead. Baylor is a cesspool right now. Everything about that school's mission is being completely undermined by their inactions toward the sexual assaults being committed by their athletes. Someone should have been fired after the Sam Owachku stuff came out last fall, but Baylor turned a blind eye and a deaf ear, just to keep Art Briles as their coach. Its sickening. I have a 5 year old daughter--I wouldn't send her anywhere near that place if she was 15 or older and considering college. They need to seriously make changes down there.

As one of my buddies said about Baylor and its history of murder (Patrick Dennehy), coverup (Dave Bliss), physical assault with no suspension of any merit (LaceDarius Dunn), and now multiple sexual assaults, it won't be long until CBS' new show will be CSI:Waco...

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Well...our coach and athletic department have two players arrested for hitting and injuring two pedestrians, then lying to police about it.  To date, there doesn't seem to have been any discipline for the two players involved.

I know hitting pedestrians with your car isn't as serious as sexual assault...but, explain to me, again, why we are standing in front of our glass house throwing stones?

One graduated and the other is no longer on the roster.  Maybe Littrell doesn't handle punishment in public? He does talk about having trust between his players and him.  Could it be that his policy to players is I won't talk about your stuff if there is off the field issues and we will handle it within the team?? Just saying. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

One graduated and the other is no longer on the roster.  Maybe Littrell doesn't handle punishment in public? He does talk about having trust between his players and him.  Could it be that his policy to players is I won't talk about your stuff if there is off the field issues and we will handle it within the team?? Just saying. 

And, maybe Baylor's policy is the same.  If you want Baylor to be public about their dirty laundry, you should want us to be public as well. 

By the way, the one "not on the roster" was caught still working out with the team by a professional soccer beat writer.  So, roster listing or not, the kid clearly wasn't being punished by his coach or the athletic department.

Edited by HarringtonFishSmeller
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

And, maybe Baylor's policy is the same.  If you want Baylor to be public about their dirty laundry, you should want us to be public as well. 

By the way, the one "not on the roster" was caught still working out with the team by a professional soccer beat writer.  So, roster listing or not, the kid clearly wasn't being punished by his coach or the athletic department.

That was what a week ago? How do you know it has or hasn't been handled?  I never said I wanted their dirty laundry aired, I just want people to be held accountable.  By all intents and purposes Kidsy was held accountable according to the source of info we have now.  Should he have worked out with the team, no? Did RV screw up? Probably. 

5 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

That was what a week ago? How do you know it has or hasn't been handled?  I never said I wanted their dirty laundry aired, I just want people to be held accountable.  By all intents and purposes Kidsy was held accountable according to the source of info we have now.  Should he have worked out with the team, no? Did RV screw up? Probably. 

Love the hypocrisy:  Our guys gets in trouble, nothing is publicly done, we get caught letting the guy still here work with the team, and we excuse it.  Baylor, or anyone else, we want all sorts of public fireworks about it.

I also wonder how long it will take before the head coach is responsible for the team in the mind of some here.  Many here like the idea of RV changing Littrell's diapers for him so far because it excuses Littrell from the crapping.  Not a good start for either of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

29 minutes ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Love the hypocrisy: 

You're reaching and your bit is getting tiring.

Once UNT found out about a single incident the player was suspended, now the follow was handled badly by the athletics department, but the school did what it needed to do.

What Baylor did is after the SIXTH person came forward with the same accusations was to down play it and throw thier hands in the air and say they can't anything about it.  

The only way to make this comparable would be if a UNT player was leading a reign of terror, running down Dentonites every other weekend, and then the school said they couldn't do anything about it.

HcXFBYI.gif

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Love the hypocrisy:  Our guys gets in trouble, nothing is publicly done, we get caught letting the guy still here work with the team, and we excuse it.  Baylor, or anyone else, we want all sorts of public fireworks about it.

I also wonder how long it will take before the head coach is responsible for the team in the mind of some here.  Many here like the idea of RV changing Littrell's diapers for him so far because it excuses Littrell from the crapping.  Not a good start for either of them.

DUDE, read the article.

http://ntdaily.com/darvin-kidsy-worked-out-with-football-team-amid-felony-charge/

I wish Littrell would have just removed him from the team and communicated it with his Strength coaches.  However, it appears that RV wanted to handle this himself and failed miserably, AGAIN. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Don't question the new coach. At all. If you do, you simply aren't a fan of UNT.

It really is that simple.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

never said that

Not talking about you, just this board in general. And I agree that the mess up here is on RV. And we know that because he immediately lied when confronted about Kidsey working out with the team. That's what he does when he screws up.

Just a statement on the board in general these days. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Not talking about you, just this board in general. And I agree that the mess up here is on RV. And we know that because he immediately lied when confronted about Kidsey working out with the team. That's what he does when he screws up.

Just a statement on the board in general these days. 

gotcha.  Just wanted to be sure, hope all is well friend. 

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Your concern with my activity is flattering, if a wee bit creepy...

Concern? I was merely noting your 24,000+ posts that is available next to every post you make, which I then compared to your start date on this board which is available on hover over your user name. 30 seconds of time is hardly concern and using information provided in every post you make is hardly creepy.

You have more posts in a single year than I have in my time on the board. Anyone who has visited this board knows that you are far and away the most active poster here. It wasn't concern, just a note that your attitude and opinion is the most prevalent one, so to raise a stink on others for disagreeing with you is comical.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Concern? I was merely noting your 24,000+ posts that is available next to every post you make, which I then compared to your start date on this board which is available on hover over your user name. 30 seconds of time is hardly concern and using information provided in every post you make is hardly creepy.

You have more posts in a single year than I have in my time on the board. Anyone who has visited this board knows that you are far and away the most active poster here. It wasn't concern, just a note that your attitude and opinion is the most prevalent one, so to raise a stink on others for disagreeing with you is comical.

Why are you so angry?

2 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Who is angry? How did you get that? For someone who has said that no tone can exist in the written word, you sure are quick to read into every post.

Try posting anything on here that questions anything Littrell does. See what it gets you. 

And I'm sorry if I post too much for your liking. There is an ignore function. 

Edited by UNT90

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

DUDE, read the article.

http://ntdaily.com/darvin-kidsy-worked-out-with-football-team-amid-felony-charge/

I wish Littrell would have just removed him from the team and communicated it with his Strength coaches.  However, it appears that RV wanted to handle this himself and failed miserably, AGAIN. 

DUDE, this article is in the NT Daily, the student newspaper of UNT, and was written 11 days after the incident.

Baylor, on the other hand, covered up their issues as an institution.  Nobody to help the young lady, 7TH VICTIM, anywhere on campus.  Only an investigative report on a national television station's program uncovered these issues. 

Nobody is giving Kidsy a free pass, but it appears Baylor sure has with a serial rapist/sexual predator.  Tell me how these are similar again?

@GMG24 I apologize as this was not targeted at you.  I was replying to @harrisonfish...

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Don't question the new coach. At all. If you do, you simply aren't a fan of UNT.

It really is that simple.

Right.  You question the coach, it's a "bit."  That's what accountability has become: a "bit." 

And, it's even more of a "bit" when you point out that you expect other schools to do what you don't demand of your own school.  Oh, wait...we have to wait until SIX similar crimes are committed before we are upset that our athletic department and coach don't go more public. 

Pedestrians around the campus beware:  until 10 more of you are mowed down, the athletic department and coaches can't speak of the crime their players commit.  There's a threshold, you know:  we follow the standard set by Baylor.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Why so angry?

It is his passive/aggressive nature.  Next he'll claim you love him.  Pretty tired, old bit although very predictable.

10 minutes ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Right.  You question the coach, it's a "bit."  That's what accountability has become: a "bit." 

And, it's even more of a "bit" when you point out that you expect other schools to do what you don't demand of your own school.  Oh, wait...we have to wait until SIX similar crimes are committed before we are upset that our athletic department and coach don't go more public. 

Pedestrians around the campus beware:  until 10 more of you are mowed down, the athletic department and coaches can't speak of the crime their players commit.  There's a threshold, you know:  we follow the standard set by Baylor.

Sarcasm is lost on you, isn't it.

• Downvote 1