Kevin Patrick to Texas Tech

BillySee58

Tech's defense will be awful for as long as they run their "Air Raid."  They don't get the best athletes in their conference - never have, never will. 

So, their defense will always be filled with the fourth or fifth or sixth best recruits behind Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, LSU, and just about every other regional P5...and, Alabama when they damn well want to come in and take the best.  And, they will stick them out on the field too long.

Kevin Patrick was nice here, but no miracle worker.  As pissy as Tech's defensive recruiting situation has always been, ours is worse.  The guy is going maybe a step or two up the ladder.  But...that weaselfart of a head coach at Texas Tech will never take defense into account enough to be serious.

When weaselfart is fired after next season, Patrick will be on the streets again.  Then, maybe he'll finally get back to Miami now that they have a real head coach again.

Edited by HarringtonFishSmeller
Horseflies
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNTnewbie said:

Yep, grew up playing baseball together. We both seem to eventually end up in the same place.

I don't blame him. Two days till dead period. No HC in place. New HC may have a dl coach he wants. So no job security in SA. Also football ops has already jumped ship to UNT. Also he fits two needs of UNT. Great recruiter specializing in DL coaching. Makes a lot of sense to me.

3 hours ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Tech's defense will be awful for as long as they run their "Air Raid."  They don't get the best athletes in their conference - never have, never will. 

So, their defense will always be filled with the fourth or fifth or sixth best recruits behind Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, LSU, and just about every other regional P5...and, Alabama when they damn well want to come in and take the best.  And, they will stick them out on the field too long.

Kevin Patrick was nice here, but no miracle worker.  As pissy as Tech's defensive recruiting situation has always been, ours is worse.  The guy is going maybe a step or two up the ladder.  But...that weaselfart of a head coach at Texas Tech will never take defense into account enough to be serious.

When weaselfart is fired after next season, Patrick will be on the streets again.  Then, maybe he'll finally get back to Miami now that they have a real head coach again.

Seriously he wasn't anything special so let's stop getting butt hurt over this and move on.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

Come on man, were talking about the defensive line coaching job. KP wasn't God to this program.

I think you are missing the point. I never said he was a God to the program. I think a big issue is that this has left us without a DL coach at a time when the candidate pool is less then it would have been if Littrell had chosen one in mid December. There may be DL coaches that Littrell would have asked a month ago that now have jobs. If you don't think that ALL of the assistant coaching positions are important then I can't help you. But hey, eff it, let's just pick a random name out of a hat it's just a DLine coach.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Eagle-96 said:

I think you are missing the point. I never said he was a God to the program. I think a big issue is that this has left us without a DL coach at a time when the candidate pool is less then it would have been if Littrell had chosen one in mid December. There may be DL coaches that Littrell would have asked a month ago that now have jobs. If you don't think that ALL of the assistant coaching positions are important then I can't help you. But hey, eff it, let's just pick a random name out of a hat it's just a DLine coach.

When did I EVER say that or are you assuming?

Start having some confidence in you're new coach for once.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, NTAlum09 said:

When did I EVER say that or are you assuming?

Start having some confidence in you're new coach for once.

I'm not sure we're having the same conversation. 

You said; " Come on man, we're talking about the defensive line coaching job" I assumed that this meant to you that it wasn't very important. If that was not your intent, cool, my bad. I have plenty of confidence in Littrell. When have I ever said that I don't. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Eagle-96 said:

I'm not sure we're having the same conversation. 

You said; " Come on man, we're talking about the defensive line coaching job" I assumed that this meant to you that it wasn't very important. If that was not your intent, cool, my bad. I have plenty of confidence in Littrell. When have I ever said that I don't. 

I just get annoyed that our topics on the forums are about the past and never about the future. Right now we just don't have time for that if we want to move forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

20 hours ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

You do realize this is the offense UNT will be running next year, correct?

15 hours ago, NTAlum09 said:

I just get annoyed that our topics on the forums are about the past and never about the future. Right now we just don't have time for that if we want to move forward.

Ignoring the past assures the same mistakes will be made over and over again.

But I guess that is the biggest tradition at UNT, after all.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Lol, it's the offseason, we have all the time in the world.

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

You do realize this is the offense UNT will be running next year, correct?

Ignoring the past assures the same mistakes will be made over and over again.

But I guess that is the biggest tradition at UNT, after all.

I guess these two are ok with being mediocre.