BB Game Scholarship Game VI

KRAM1

• 2 weeks later...

We have added some new players in curtisdaa, unttau, Vince and Harry!  Great news....really appreciate these guys stepping up to support our Cheer Team.

Also...we have our two coaches....Andrew and his squad will square off against Harry and his team this year.  Both are experienced coaches, so we should be in good shape coaching-wise.  Things are beginning to shape up nicely for our event this year.  And it is OUR event.  Can't do it without everyone else.  Many thanks....lots of room for players, volunteers, referees, etc.  just let me know.

• Upvote 4

Knew I could count on you...what's a game with Thor, right?  Thanks...appreciate you.

Glad to have you back for your second game.  Bring that tape measure and line tape and we'll Mark off your three point line.  Maybe you will hit a few three's this year.

Harry was going to be my first pick... ;) haha

it will be fun.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, unttau said:

My buddy Vince said he is going to toy with Andrew

May the trash talk begin!  Great stuff, but what if Vince ends up on Andrew's team?  

Speaking of that....folks we could use some more players.  Time is drawing closer, so schedules should be firming up for folks.  Check your schedules folks....this is a fun game and really does help support some great student-athletes.

Either post here or send me a PM if interested in playing, volunteering, donating to the cause or providing a silent auction item.  We definitely could use your support.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

May the trash talk begin!  Great stuff, but what if Vince ends up on Andrew's team?  

Speaking of that....folks we could use some more players.  Time is drawing closer, so schedules should be firming up for folks.  Check your schedules folks....this is a fun game and really does help support some great student-athletes.

Either post here or send me a PM if interested in playing, volunteering, donating to the cause or providing a silent auction item.  We definitely could use your support.

I have a buddy who will play. If I get you the cash at a game would that work? Maybe saterday?

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I have a buddy who will play. If I get you the cash at a game would that work? Maybe saterday?

Absolutely!  Thank you.  I just need a name and a t-shirt size for him.  Appreciate you.

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Lol. Well we had a pep rally at work with a basketball event and before hand I was Messing  around and tried to toss it off the court and then dunk it and inward a good 10 inches short. I am content being an old man now.

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Lol. Well we had a pep rally at work with a basketball event and before hand I was Messing  around and tried to toss it off the court and then dunk it and inward a good 10 inches short. I am content being an old man now.

or you're just a white man that can't jump...

10 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I'm just hoping I am not the last one picked . One thing I do is that I will light up Andrew this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Also. When can we start the discussion for changing of gyms next years game? Someone can create a poll maybe? It so much easier to play in a real gym without uneven floors and crooked 20 year old goals with no three point line :( 

somebody will get hurt eventually :(

its just not a basketball court so it's not good for people to play on :/

Are those excuses flowing already?

?

• Upvote 2

Effing seriously? ?? This is a freaking scholarship game, played by a bunch of hacks...we aren't professionals or even damn close...we are there for fun...we don't need fancy shiat...we arent prima donnas...if your friends have a problem with the court and that's why they won't play, we dont need them (but we will take their money)...good lord...hell, let's go play at southlake...double iron rims and chain nets...

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Lol. We were shooting around at work today and just talking about the old Liberty gym. It's old and it really is a bad court. The goals are old and are not the new regulation rims. It's garbage. It's fine for now, but a change in the future would help. It's sad when people won't play when you tell them the court is old and doesn't have a three point line :(

i got one at least haha. 

It's just something for the future. I mean eventually the football team stopped playing out fouts and upped their game haha. How difficult. Could it be to get a cult at the pdc, practice facility, or the pit. If it's hard for people who donate to the university to do then maybe people shouldn't donate to a university. That guy who donated a million dollars can sit down there all he wants and make excuses for bad basketball. I guess someone needs to donate a million dollars. Then they might care haha

There is nothing wrong with that gym, other than no 3 pt line... Get over yourself 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The goals were there when I was in middle school and haven't changed. That's pretty old. I am all for fun. It was an idea. Since so many people were talking junk I figured I would have an idea to even the playing field haha. I will go score my 2 points.... :)

I grew up playing in the small gym, we got the "new gym" aka Unt volleyball gym when I was in 6th grade... That was a mere 13 years ago or so lol

46 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Imagine if they left up the old gym that was the cafeteria.....

First place I ever grabbed rim.. Damn near broke my neck when I slipped off the rim 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Andrew said:

Is there a new list of who is playing? Is south side guy playing.

I'll some new info soon, but as if this point....southsideguy has not  indicated that he will be playing.  Still lots of time for sign-ups, but we do need more players.  

UPDATES:

Current list of players: Thor, Andrew, Rob M., GMG24, smoothfresh, UNTFan23, UNT90, unttau, Vince, Harry, Paul and

curtisdaa, Ben Gooding.

Ok, we can definitely add more players.  In fact, we need more players.  SIGN-UP DEADLINE is FRIDAY, FEB. 5th.  The day before our live player draft at Eastside in Denton that will start at noon.  

I have a free general admission ticket for up to thirty people for the men's basketball game against La Tech that will tip off in the Super-pit at 3pm following our draft at Eastside.  So, come to the draft...support our sponsors and get a ticket to the men's game.  Not a bad deal at all, right?

Some more good news...as I mentioned in the GoFundMe thread...you helped raise right at $5000 that was distributed to the Cheer Team student-athletes this last year!  That is the most we have been able to generate so far in our first five years of this event. YOU made this happen! You folks are fantastic!

So, what do we need?  Players, of course, a referee or two, donations to the GoFundMe site, silent auction donations....any or all.

If you can help in any manner, just post here or send me a PM.  Your support is both greatly appreciated and greatly needed.