How much longer until hockey starts????

A 4-1 start for the Stars is very nice. I am thinking 100 points is a nice magic number to the playoffs. On more win and we are already a tenth of the way there. I am getting excited. Hemsky and Spezza look really good, Benn and Seguin looked like they were getting back in the grove tonight. 

Anyone know why Nemeth seems to be on the shit list? 

Our 5 - 1 Stars  looking dang good

The best part for me so far is that I thought that Colorado collapse would set the tone for more of what we saw last year, but they've actually dug in on 3 games I think they would have at least fumbled away a point on based on what we saw last season. I know it's early, but its crazy to only be looking up at one team in the standings across the entire NHL - and several guys have yet to get going and there have been injuries. Can't wait to go see them in Boston in a couple of weeks.

The best part for me so far is that I thought that Colorado collapse would set the tone for more of what we saw last year, but they've actually dug in on 3 games I think they would have at least fumbled away a point on based on what we saw last season. I know it's early, but its crazy to only be looking up at one team in the standings across the entire NHL - and several guys have yet to get going and there have been injuries. Can't wait to go see them in Boston in a couple of weeks.

I would love to go to a game in Boston! I hope we kill them, how will they greet Seguin, I have my fingers crossed sorry Tony, that we kill them. 

This team just looks good and cohesive.  It's truly amazing what they've done to start the season versus what very little I saw and heard a lot about the terrible preseason.  While this type of run will hardly last a long time I think we're getting more and more closer in saying that this team has finally arrived in being a truly good team that can compete for nice good long playoff/cup runs.

This team just looks good and cohesive.  It's truly amazing what they've done to start the season versus what very little I saw and heard a lot about the terrible preseason.  While this type of run will hardly last a long time I think we're getting more and more closer in saying that this team has finally arrived in being a truly good team that can compete for nice good long playoff/cup runs.

I am really happy with what I am seeing as a whole, I like how we are using the goalies. I think the Defense is almost there. Olesiak is playing tonight and Nemeth. I doubt Olesiak will make it, but you never know I guess. Good news he only has a one year contract. 

I still don't like Goose I am hoping they trade him, he just dove early on Jagr and got scored on in an embarrassing fashion. Stay on his feet and there is likely not a goal. The sooner Goose is gone the better. The next goal was on Goose again, damn.  2 goals directly on Goose in the first. 

I wonder how Nemeth seemed to get on shit list, he seems very composed and solid as a defenseman. Glad he is out today.  I guess it is Jyrki Jokipakka as the healthy scratch tonight.  We have so many quality defenseman in Austin I have to figure we will have guys in line for Olesiak and maybe Jokipakka spots.  The third goal was on Olesiak. And they just yanked Kari.

I really like what Jim Nill is doing, his wife looks amazing especially battling cancer twice and this last time 4th stage cancer and still fighting as I understand it.  

Jamie is a stud, Olesiak and Nemeth were out of position and Spezza lost the puck in front of the net instead of using the boards on the 5th goal against, not sure Niemi could do anything about that, the two goals on Antti Neimi I doubt he could do much about either one of those goals. 

What a crappy game for a Home game.

Sixth goal against I will give Goose, and this goal was a good one also, but Niemi could have got this one. 

6 - 2 at this point.  I hate these Stars Meltdowns at home just embarrassing  and as a North Texas fan I know embarrassing. Hopefully we bounce back.

Stars play the Ducks tonight at 7:30 pm 

And i was this close to going, but most of my hockey friends have moved out of town. Its cheaper for me to buy 2 tickets on stub hub then 1. Just dont like the idea of going by myself. Hopefully they have a good game. Anyone know which goalie is starting?

And i was this close to going, but most of my hockey friends have moved out of town. Its cheaper for me to buy 2 tickets on stub hub then 1. Just dont like the idea of going by myself. Hopefully they have a good game. Anyone know which goalie is starting?

Edited by Quoner
cut and paste fail

Had a hunch Anaheim would find their scoring stride against Dallas tonight and they have with 3 goals the last 4 or 5 mins of the first period.

That's now 3 games early they would have dropped last year turned into 6 points. This is fun.

• Upvote 1

Haven't had the time to get in here and post, but the Stars are looking great.  It still amazes me at the turnaround from the Newy Regime.  This team has so much young talent it is FREAKING SCARY!

As to the earlier discussion, you can have your reasons for not liking Cherry, but what I was referring to when I mentioned him was the head injuries.  The faster you speed up the game, the more head injuries you will have, just like in Football.

What a great game last night 16 points in 1st in the West and 2nd overall. 

It was an exciting game when they finally got fired up in the second half of the 3rd. I liked the 3 on 3 format, Jamie is a sniper.

I noticed we play tomorrow in Toronto and then Tuesday we play the second night of a back to back against a 3 day rested  home team at Boston. It always works out like that way why do they schedule a road team on a back to back games and traveling against a rested home game? It seems like the NHL is trying to give some easy wins to the home teams? There is no need to play back to back games let alone with travel. I would be OK with it if both teams were on the second night of a back to back but the home team never is. 

@ Quoner get them fired up Tuesday.