2015 MGN CUSA POWER RANKINGS (UTSA Mad)

Good stuff enjoyed reading it.  Look, UTSA needs to understand that last year was supposed to be their year.  As bad as our issues have been, namely letting UTSA beat us two straight years in a row (OUCH), I still feel like their season last year was MORE disappointing last year than ours.  Their entire program was built with 2014 in mind.  I do respect Coker however and would not be surprised if he pulled a rabbit out of the hat.

They ranked low in a lot of my unit rankings as well as ranking low in returning production, returning starters, and other areas that's why they got a really low rating. Are they THAT bad no. I said that in my thoughts below the rankings. I think they are a big unknown and won't play as bad as they've been rated. 

Charlotte on the other hand rated low in unit rankings but they do have a ton of production returning. 

Once the season starts a new equation will be used to rate the teams. 

I didnt just rate these teams based on media predictions. I did my research and put in the time. 

Edited by Mean_Green09
  • Upvote 4

They ranked low in a lot of my unit rankings as well as ranking low in returning production, returning starters, and other areas that's why they got a really low rating. Are they THAT bad no. I said that in my thoughts below the rankings. I think they are a big unknown and won't play as bad as they've been rated. 

Charlotte on the other hand rated low in unit rankings but they do have a ton of production returning. 

I didnt just rate these teams based on media predictions. I did my research and put in the time. 

I think your rankings were fair, a lot of their fans have UNT as a sure loss against them this season, and of course are not going to take kindly to a North Texas source ranking them lower on a scale.

I do appreciate the fact that you didn't go by media predictions to help write your article. I hate looking at predictions on big sports media, most of the time they are looking at just last years results and not analyzing the upcoming season's team.

namely letting UTSA beat us two straight years in a row (OUCH)

ugh face -  Ugh.

• Upvote 1

Not trying to get you to reveal the recipe but how much did returning starters play into the rankings?

Not trying to get you to reveal the recipe but how much did returning starters play into the rankings?

Just returning starters? A small piece. The main bulk is how I rate the current team. I do think it's important though to look not only at returning starters but production and returning letterman as well. 

• Upvote 1

Good stuff enjoyed reading it.  Look, UTSA needs to understand that last year was supposed to be their year.  As bad as our issues have been, namely letting UTSA beat us two straight years in a row (OUCH), I still feel like their season last year was MORE disappointing last year than ours.  Their entire program was built with 2014 in mind.  I do respect Coker however and would not be surprised if he pulled a rabbit out of the hat.

it shows just how important a good QB can be in this league. With one, you go to a bowl, without one you don't.

Plain and simple.

• Upvote 3

Just returning starters? A small piece. The main bulk is how I rate the current team. I do think it's important though to look not only at returning starters but production and returning letterman as well. 

Maybe it was just too many decimals for UTSA.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

-- late to this discussion I know -- 

Both losses were gut-punches. But I find it funny that as time passes, we go from losing two games each by a touchdown and a try to having been destroyed? One loss on a muffed punt and another on an interception from the 1-yard line. 

But this isn't a rivalry though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1