'15 ATH Kevin Johnson (Waskom)

Just like I told you last time, the scholarships awarded this spring had nothing to do with how many scholarship spots we had available for the class. We had 80 scholarship players by our count before the walkons were awarded scholarships. They only factored into the 85 total scholarship limit per team. Not the 25 initial counters for the 2015 class. Johnson would've counted towards the 2015 class. We were not at the scholarship limit as a team, but we were at the scholarship limit for the class.

Like I also said last time, it was pretty obvious with Cain that we got multiple commitments from the time his visit ended until he "committed" on signing day. The spots filled up and he waited too long. You don't have to believe me, but it was pretty obvious what happened there.

Youre-A-Saint-Wingate.jpg

Just like I told you last time, the scholarships awarded this spring had nothing to do with how many scholarship spots we had available for the class. We had 80 scholarship players by our count before the walkons were awarded scholarships. They only factored into the 85 total scholarship limit per team. Not the 25 initial counters for the 2015 class. Johnson would've counted towards the 2015 class. We were not at the scholarship limit as a team, but we were at the scholarship limit for the class.

Like I also said last time, it was pretty obvious with Cain that we got multiple commitments from the time his visit ended until he "committed" on signing day. The spots filled up and he waited too long. You don't have to believe me, but it was pretty obvious what happened there.

I believe you believe, but I think there is more to the story. There are a lot of ways to work around scholarship limits within the rules and I believe that the staff is perfectly equipped to do that if they think it is worthwhile.

I believe you believe, but I think there is more to the story. There are a lot of ways to work around scholarship limits within the rules and I believe that the staff is perfectly equipped to do that if they think it is worthwhile.

I still don't understand why you're referencing the walkons recently awarded scholarships as if that is proof that we had more room in the 2015 signing class. Because they only count towards the 85 total scholarship cap, which is never the reason we couldn't add any more signees to our 2015 signing class.

There are a lot of rules and exceptions to the 25 scholarship cap per class. I try to know as much as I can, yet not over think things. Coach Mccarney himself said we did not have anymore scholarships to give for 2015, yet we just recently gave one out. Was what he said false, or is someone who signed with us on signing day not going to be with us and the coaches already know that? That's what we're trying to get to the bottom of and the walkons put on scholarship don't help us at all when trying to figure that out.

If a scholly was offered this late there is someone not showing up for fall camp that recently signed. We can go over our limit of 25 any given year if we have the space, as in if we undersigned the previous year. I am unsure if we undersigned last year or not. If we didn't then someone isn't showing up. Also, if we undersigned last year the excuse for not signing Cain was just that, an excuse. We would also still have room for X amount of signees this year just depending on how many we did undersign in 2014 if in fact we even did undersign. If there is someone not coming in the fall I would like to know who it is...Brett...your job...

If a scholly was offered this late there is someone not showing up for fall camp that recently signed. We can go over our limit of 25 any given year if we have the space, as in if we undersigned the previous year. I am unsure if we undersigned last year or not. If we didn't then someone isn't showing up. Also, if we undersigned last year the excuse for not signing Cain was just that, an excuse. We would also still have room for X amount of signees this year just depending on how many we did undersign in 2014 if in fact we even did undersign. If there is someone not coming in the fall I would like to know who it is...Brett...your job...

We announced 23 signings on signing day 2014 (including the 4 walkons Coach Mccarney said we had to count towards the class), and then signed 2 jucos after signing day (Denucci and Dash) so we couldn't backcount any. 25 total. All of those 25 signees were listed on the official roster at some point, even Fonzale Davis, Jalen Adams, and Darren Denucci.

We'll see how it all plays out. It's just something to keep an eye on. Vito couldn't even get that information right now. It may not be official until the fall roster comes out.

We announced 23 signings on signing day 2014 (including the 4 walkons Coach Mccarney said we had to count towards the class), and then signed 2 jucos after signing day (Denucci and Dash) so we couldn't backcount any. 25 total. All of those 25 signees were listed on the official roster at some point, even Fonzale Davis, Jalen Adams, and Darren Denucci.

We'll see how it all plays out. It's just something to keep an eye on. Vito couldn't even get that information right now. It may not be official until the fall roster comes out.

I honestly cannot remember a year we did NOT sign 25.