Rivalry

MCMLXXX

Utsa fan trying to justify his existence. Haha, go away.

Well you don't have to like UTSA but the reality is that they exist in the same conference as us and have beaten our asses the last two seasons.

And after reading through the 10+ pages in this thread I just hate the idea of having any type of trophy and trying to force a rivalry. I've always thought rivalry trophies were super lame to begin with. There absolutely is no true rivalry right now. Just let it develop naturally over time...good rivalries consist of lots of history, historically great games etc. It will likely take many many years of playing each other before a true rivalry is developed. Just because both schools are in the same state doesn't make it a dang rivalry.

• Upvote 1

Well you don't have to like UTSA but the reality is that they exist in the same conference as us and have beaten our asses the last two seasons.

And after reading through the 10+ pages in this thread I just hate the idea of having any type of trophy and trying to force a rivalry. I've always thought rivalry trophies were super lame to begin with. There absolutely is no true rivalry right now. Just let it develop naturally over time...good rivalries consist of lots of history, historically great games etc. It will likely take many many years of playing each other before a true rivalry is developed. Just because both schools are in the same state doesn't make it a dang rivalry.

.......especially if one of those schools is the ever indifferent North Texas, who HISTORICALLY AND CULTURALLY DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT HOW TO HAVE A REAL FOOTBALL ATMOSPHERE.

But, logistically speaking it's a great place to start.

• Upvote 2

Utsa fan trying to justify his existence. Haha, go away.

Hardly. I was addressing error in a post. I don't need to justify anything to anyone. I was hoping to contribute to the forum. If I wanted to justify my existence I would say we are up 2-0 and Denton is (fill in the blank) and the people on the forum are (fill in the blank). The reality is I am neither a UTSA nor UNT alum and grew up in Lewisville, so I root for UTSA as I live in S.A. but follow UNT as the closest home town team to my high school. My impression is disappointing to say the least. The Mean Green reputation isn't demonstrated as of yet on this forum. There is a lot of elitist attitude but that's about it. Hope to see morebetter from here as my opinion of the school starting to change.
  • Upvote 2

Hardly. I was addressing error in a post. I don't need to justify anything to anyone. I was hoping to contribute to the forum. If I wanted to justify my existence I would say we are up 2-0 and Denton is (fill in the blank) and the people on the forum are (fill in the blank). The reality is I am neither a UTSA nor UNT alum and grew up in Lewisville, so I root for UTSA as I live in S.A. but follow UNT as the closest home town team to my high school. My impression is disappointing to say the least. The Mean Green reputation isn't demonstrated as of yet on this forum. There is a lot of elitist attitude but that's about it. Hope to see morebetter from here as my opinion of the school starting to change.

You should probably steer clear from forums titled "rivalry" if you want to get a good opinion of the fan base...

I mean, UNT is a powerhouse. Anything less than an "elitist attitude" would be idiotic and degrading to our prestigious athletic program.

• Upvote 2

UNT also has a better music program and debate squad. They're work with emergency management is also quite good. They are in the best recruiting area (DFW) of the state with access to Oklahoma.

Nearly across the board every program we have is ranked higher. We are ranked higher, albeit neither too highly, in every publication. We have numerous programs that we are top 10 in and by far the best in the state. None of which UTSA does. UTSA brought back CAP because they have to, it's a JuCo for UT.

According to NRUF, you have higher research dollars but we have a higher endowment, award more PhDs, get more top 25 and top 10 percent students, average better SAT and ACT scores, have more national academy members, have the most Fulbright Scholars in Texas, house the state's best and brightest in TAMS, have better graduation rates, significantly more students living on campus, we have athletic facilities, way higher budget, are the flagship of our system, are an established university...

Other than the fact that we're in the same conference, our schools are nothing alike. UTSA is very similar to UTA, so if they had a football team they would be your twin.

We can be rivals, sure. If we've even earned that, as we're 0-2 in football against y'all. But our academic institutions aren't on the same level. UTSA is a bottom-tier commuter college that captured lighting in a bottle, overcoming shortcomings. But the fact that if we so chose we could double Coker's salary even with NT's financial woes shows overall, you are not our peers.

Call it arrogance, or whatever you so choose. Because it's not an opinion, it's just facts.

That being said, I embrace the UNT/UTSA rivalry because it's great for both programs and the Halloween game will be loads of fun. I hope UTSA has another great turnout.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just goes to show how insecure they are, with good reason.

Pot...meet Kettle

90 seriously "What's wrong with you?"

Why do you always sound like an angry alcoholic?

Were you the kid that never got invited to anything...and if you did...you were never invited back? Why?...because you didn't know how to act right.

Your Stupid Troll BS has worn thin...and doesn't benifit our school.

You know who talks that much TRASH? answer "trashy people"

Maybe you should take a knee for 6-12 months...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Pot...meet Kettle

90 seriously "What's wrong with you?"

Why do you always sound like an angry alcoholic?

Were you the kid that never got invited to anything...and if you did...you were never invited back? Why?...because you didn't know how to act right.

Your Stupid Troll BS has worn thin...and doesn't benifit our school.

You know who talks that much TRASH? answer "trashy people"

Maybe you should take a knee for 6-12 months...

Such name calling to one of your own.

Who really needs to take a knee?

Oh, and it's the off-season. I guess we could do uniform girl talk or something similar. ;-)

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 5