Bill Mercer...

Marty

"This is Bill Mercer broadcasting from The Pit of North Texas State University in Denton. Tonight, the Eagles take on the Bradley Braves in Missouri Valley Conference action. Brought to you by Braniff Airways....Braniff, we move our tail for you."

What great memories.

Edited by letsgiveacheer
  • Upvote 3

Can't stand Russ and the cackling hyenas in his show.. I tune out during Norm. Whatever floats people's boats I guess..

Cackling? ?? Isn't that all the guy they call cobra does with his high pitched forced laugh...

But as you said...whatever floats people's boats...

I'm sorry, I don't think they can hear you over their Marconi's for best sports radio show in the country...

If that is true, Guglielmo Marconi must be spinning in his grave at the thought that his name is associated with radio programs that are the equivalent of a whoopee cushion.....and that's being generous.

• Downvote 2

One of the other two sports shows on FM unseated the Ticket in ratings this past year. Can't remember which? 105.3 The Fan maybe?

Rick

Cackling? ?? Isn't that all the guy they call cobra does with his high pitched forced laugh...

But as you said...whatever floats people's boats...

Rick -- Misleading. It was for one month and it was because of Dallas Cowboys games. The Ticket still leads in every prime radio spots, such as morning and afternoon drive.

Thor -- Yes, the guys who giggle in the background and contribute no content. Corby is at least funny along with his annoying laugh.

• Upvote 1

Rick -- Misleading. It was for one month and it was because of Dallas Cowboys games. The Ticket still leads in every prime radio spots, such as morning and afternoon drive.

Thor -- Yes, the guys who giggle in the background and contribute no content. Corby is at least funny along with his annoying laugh.

Oh ok. Thank you.

Rick

The funny thing about ratings is that they can be skewed how you want them...Russ is number 1 in afternoon drive...not the ticket

Russ is number 1 in afternoon drive...not the ticket

Talk about forced cackling. I tried really, really hard for about two years to like Russ Martin back in the 105.3 days. I don't think I ever heard him speak. Just hours upon hours of stoned giggling and references to interns delivering unsatisfactory fried chicken. Compound that to his hobby of wife beating and what I've heard of his treatment of other on air talent, and F that guy. If DFW wants to be suckered in by some shitty marketing scheme that he actually has something to offer, then no skin off my teeth. I didn't even know they'd let him back out of his cage and on the air again.

As for Corby, yes, mostly cackling and total Chris-Chris whatever happened with some big P5 program this week is always the _____est in the history of ever. However, of all the on air talent at the Ticket, when he breaks frat boy character, he sometimes has really insightful things to say. I recall a couple months ago that he had insight as to the current state of country music that I'd never considered, and it was spot on.

The rest of the ticket to me is a bunch of old men snickering at lame middle school genital humor and Norm yelling everything three times.

But I still listen because I can't freaking stand music from terrestrial radio anymore, so the Ticket is the least bothersome to me.

91.7 is a decent alternative for music but it's a total crap shoot as to what you're gonna get. Sometimes it's amazing, sometimes it's average, and other times it's completely self indulgent local coffee shop stoner on a mandolin life has no meaning folksy crap. Although I did hear them play Midlake a few days ago, so that should make several posters here all fanboy hot in the loins.

Oh ok. Thank you.

Rick

The Ticket is the best station in town by a mile. He's spot on when he says the only reason for the shakeup was the Cowboys success this year.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20141126-d-fw-sports-radio-ratings-the-ticket-unseated-as-the-fan-takes-top-spot.ece

"The Ticket still led in Men 25-54 Mondays-Fridays 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. when the high-priced local talent is on duty. The Fan was No. 2, followed by KESN.

Credit for the ratings shakeup goes to the Fan's status as the radio flagship for the surprising Cowboys with all the ancillary programing that it provides as well as its Monday night and Thursday night NFL programming."