G5 success vs P5

GMG24

1. Play FAST

2. Take care of the ball

3. Play to your strength not theirs

4. Don't try to pound it down their throat, spread em out and pick up the tempo. Make those 300 lb monsters run over and over again.

5. Repeat steps 1,2, and 3.

• Upvote 2

Yes, forward to McCarney.

To piggy back on this forum...the G5 is 3-3 vs the P5 this bowl season. Two recent move ups (Rutgers and TCU) won against P5's convincingly. Also, the next shoe in P5 program (BYU) lost to Memphis. There is also not a doubt in my mind if NIU and Marshal were paired against favorable P5 match ups that would have also been likely W's. Instead, they kind of got snubbed and were paired against each other. ECU is currently playing Florida pretty tough. The big wigs are trying to separate us from them as much as they possibly can, but on the field play is delaying the probable inevitable. Granted the G5's best would probably lose 9/10 to the P5's best, but the G5's are competing this bowl season at a high level. This will never be written into an article on any media outlet because it simply doesn't fit the agenda of the $ hungry.

GMG

Oh and I know this is the wrong forum....the basketball game last night was pitiful. My wife knows very little about most sports and she asked me early in the 2nd half while sitting there watching this dumpster fire...."do we ever run any plays?" She also said..."Why is UTEP so much bigger than us?" smh.

• Upvote 1

I always believe there will be a place for the G5's and if you are a good G5 a loss to them is not anymore devastating than a loss to Purdue or Vanderbilt. G5 programs need to operate in the dark spaces and take their shots to elevate their stature. Everything is a sell and G5s need to sell they are a worthy program who travels and will compete. The G5's there and close in my opinion are:

There

BYU

Boise

ECU

Houston

NIU

UCF

Close

Colorado State

Utah State

Marshall

Coming

Western Kentucky

Memphis

Louisiana

Fresno

GMG

I forgot to add Navy into the "there." Plus programs like Indiana, Oregon State, Boston College and Wake Forest want some New Mexico States, Idahos and FIU's on their schedule to build up. Baylor and TCU cannot afford to go there but a lot of P5's can and want to.

Lastly - ECU's all white uni look is the sharpest scene I have ever seen them in. Very nice. Even nicer than Boise's all white which is a sharp look too.

GMG

Lastly - ECU's all white uni look is the sharpest scene I have ever seen them in. Very nice. Even nicer than Boise's all white which is a sharp look too.

GMG

agreed....ECU away uniforms looked way clean.

whenever I see our goofy horn striped pants....I keep thinking...who the heck picks out this stuff ....Kaptain Kangaroo?

Edited by 3XL

Rutgers joined the Big East back in 1991 for football and all sports in 1995. They're a recent addition to the Big 10 and their departure helped contribute to the Big East splitting up. I don't consider them a "recent" move up though. Utah is far more recent then Rutgers.

Edited by UNTFan23

Rutgers joined the Big East back in 1991 for football and all sports in 1995. They're a recent addition to the Big 10 and their departure helped contribute to the Big East splitting up. I don't consider them a "recent" move up though. Utah is far more recent then Rutgers.

The Big East was garbage and no one considered that conference big time or P5. Basketball, sure. Football, get outta here. It's now called P5 for a reason. But way to only take that out of what I said. G5, given the stage, can compete. They aren't going to give them a stage and that's the damn problem. NIU v. Marshal this bowl season was a prime example of that. Both in my mind were in the top 5 of the G5 and the nutless made damn sure they didn't get paired with a Minnesota or an Iowa or a Utah or a NC State or a you get the picture. Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1