Easton Bruere QB '15 (N.M.)

foutsrouts

Since we're always interested in overlooked guys, any interest in this 6'1" 202 lb. pro-style QB with zero offers? Here's his S.I. "Faces in the Crowd" write-up:

"Easton, a senior QB at Rio Rancho High, threw for 3617 yards, 42 touchdowns, and just 3 interceptions while completing 237 of 312 attempts (tops in the nation at 76%) to help the unbeaten Rams to the 6A state semi-finals. He has yet to receive a scholarship offer."

Not exactly under the radar anymore after being in Sports Illustrated, but still no offers as far as I can tell.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Easton-Bruere-148226

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1839291/easton-bruere

https://nmpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1709804

I was a little skeptical when you said no offers.

This kid is probably the most accurate qb I've seen on these boards. That's why most of these plays attack the soft spots in the zone, coaches did well in using his skill.

He's also solid throwing against single coverage down the sideline.

His throwing motion changes between over the top and his go-to 3/4s motion (which could hamper him since he'd be 6'1" throwing over 6'5" linemen), but mechanics can be worked on.

I'm actually a little excited for this kid. His receivers did great work, too.

This kid is probably the most accurate qb I've seen on these boards. That's why most of these plays attack the soft spots in the zone, coaches did well in using his skill.

His throwing motion changes between over the top and his go-to 3/4s motion (which could hamper him since he'd be 6'1" throwing over 6'5" linemen), but mechanics can be worked on.

We dont work on QB mechanics here

• Downvote 1

Yeah, he looks fairly polished and very confident out there, and most articles have him listed at 6'3". They ended up winning the NM Big School (6A) championship. Stop giving schollies to so many kickers, punters, and deep snappers and take a serious look at this guy. Maybe he would give us a little loyalty if we're the first. 298-397 for 4567 yards, with 49 TD's and 6 INT's ain't bad.

Edited by foutsrouts
  • Upvote 1

No; please no; not another QB from out-of-state. If we cannot successfully evaluate and recruit high school QB's in this state - like 120 other FBS schools can do successfully, we have significant problems.

This staff needs to find talent anywhere they can. I don't care if they recruit Albania if they can improve the recruiting success around here.

• Upvote 1