The next 2 days

UNT90

Riley, with a hard cast on his non-throwing left hand, and nerve damage in his throwing right elbow went 8-12 for 127 yards and 1 TD. Chase Bain went 4 for 8 for 41 yards, 1 INT and 1 TD.

Dodge also ran 6 times for 21 yards.

Of course, Dunbar went 274 yards on 22 carries and 3 TD's.

Rick

Cant questions Riley's brittleness.

Cant question Riley's toughness.

Glad he decided to play for us. Probably the best QB I've seen here (when healthy) since Hall.

• Upvote 1

That's how I remember it. And remember, Chico held the team together (Lock The Gates!) and won a few games at the same time. Remember how competitive we were against Kansas State?

I was talking with my parents about that game last night as part of a bigger discussion about where we find ourselves after this season. As losses go, that KState game was a fun loss; maybe a better way to put it is that it was entertaining. I went to the Baylor-Tech game Saturday and pulled for Tech, and that was an entertaining loss. Non-diehard fans will stomach a losing record as long as the losses are somehow interesting; non-diehard fans won't stomach a losing record when the losses are as formulaic and grinding as what we suffered this season.

Probably the best QB running the ball I've seen here (when healthy)

Fixed.

McNulty has a better arm. Our offense was limited under Dodge because, just like with McNulty, defenses didnt have to respect the vertical passing game.

Someone posted Dodge's passing stats for the K. St. Game recently. He had 100 yards passing. In a game where the deep ball was readily available due to an awesome ground game.

We couldn't take advantage, just like every other game Dodge QBed for us.

He was a tough SOB who took a lot of punishment for this program, but he had a pop gun arm that wasn't effective more than 10 yards downfield.

Lets not rewrite history here.

Glad he decided to play for us. Probably the best QB I've seen here (when healthy) since Hall.

You could be right... I just don't know if he was ever healthy. We never saw a real long ball, if he was ever capable.

I liked Riley... I don't think we ever saw the Riley he could have been.. But, then again, I am not sure his size would have ever had allowed it.