MGB: UNT-UTSA running blog (UNT will be without key player)

Brett Vito

Feel for the kid...he tried to make a play...nothing wrong with that...unfortunately the ball is oblong and weird bounces happen...

just poor execution, the ball was there, feel bad for him, guess he will be riding the bench all next year behind a sub par player, who is favored by DMac

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This coach will always do what the book says. Never will deviate one time. Never a surprise.

He is by far the easiest coach to game plan for in the league and was completely out coached today.

I hope something changes, but I doubt it will. We are UNT and we are destined to suck. Why? Because we are ok with it. We have had the same mostly unsuccessful AD for 16 years.

16 YEARS!!!

Who does that?

Only a university that doesn't care about athletics.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 2

Not mad at Whitfield. He probably didn't believe the offense could get it done either. If he would have taken it to the end zone, coach would be praising him right now. We lost today because of our coaching and recruiting (or lack there of).

Although I have great respect for coach Mac, the truth is, we are 0-2 verses UTSA, and that is completly unacceptible. After four years of recruiting, we should not be in this situation. We should have a FBS caliber QB. We should have more weapons at the WR position. Coach Mac is a defensive guy. We should have more depth at the D-line.

Coach will talk about execution, and protecting the ball, but those things go without saying, and UTSA did as bad a job as we did.

The simple truth is we can't afford a coach that can't beat UTSA. I am very angry right now, so I'm going to log off and try to cool down before I really start bitching.

• Upvote 1

Well im very excited for the spring and next season we have alot of young studs that are going to be great for us wilson with a college offseason under his belt is going to be a monster for us next year

Yup, with 4 brand new inexperienced linemen blocking for him as they face another year of 8-10 fronts to run into. I can't wait!

Rick