Mario Cristobal

golfingomez

16 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Head coach at Oregon?

Good for him. he seemed like he had something going at FIU for about a year...

Proven co ordinator, proven head coach and a very strong recruiter! Also helps to maintain continuity sense Tag was there just for a year. Sumlin will now go to SMU?? Lol

11 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

what are the chances Sumlin goes to SMU now? There's not many openings left...

I think slim. Over the next 60 days A&M is going to pay him $10m. I could see him taking a break for the next 10 months and wait for a good P5 who knows maybe Tech.

36 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

I think slim. Over the next 60 days A&M is going to pay him $10m. I could see him taking a break for the next 10 months and wait for a good P5 who knows maybe Tech.

Agree... I mean... if he wants to take a break and recharge the batteries, its not like he will run out of money. He really is in the position where it makes sense to only take jobs he thinks are rare opportunites. If nothing comes open -which is unlikely at this point- he can reassess next year, which will be early enough. SMU is not that great of job.

And I think being available early will be an advantage next season. Worked for Chip Kelly. If he wants to stay in Texas, theres a fair chance Tech will open up next season. Baylor is likely not open yet... unless that is another 1-11.  If he wants to go back to Houston, I have this feeling Major Applewhite is about to crash big time. I would assume some Big Ten and ACC schools will also be looking at him.

Edited by outoftown