Jeffrey Wilson comps

jdennis82

As the season's progressed, I've continued to try to find a current or recent NFL RB to compare Wilson to.

Wilson's listed at 6-0 / 194 which is a pretty unique combination as most NFL prospects his height are heavier and those at his weight are a few inches shorter.

Finally, though, I think I may have found a reasonable comparison...

Ahmad Bradshaw

Bradshaw's measurements: 5-11, 195lb

When I'm watching a Bradshaw highlight package (particularly from Marshall), I think I see a bit of Wilson there.

Thoughts?

• Lovely Take 3

Bradshaw is a good comparison because of size, coming from a non-traditional Football school.. Bradshaw also seemed to be a winner, but that maybe because he was just on winning teams but Wilson seems to be a winner by giving 100% every play he can.. Also, the injury bug was something that Bradshaw had as well..  

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Lovely Take 1

14 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

Not a lot heavier... But just over 200 pounds. Im betting he loses weight  as the season progresses.

He's heavier than that.  

Out nutrition folks have been doing an incredible job this year.   Kudos to The Wren™ for finding the monies he did for the table. 

28 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

He's heavier than that.  

Out nutrition folks have been doing an incredible job this year.   Kudos to The Wren™ for finding the monies he did for the table. 

Wasn't Wilson around 205 to start the year?

I thought/believe that SL said at the coaches show that Wilson had lost weight, but was/had regained it during the bye week?

• Upvote 1

I don't think it is much heavier than 205.  What I have noticed is that he is incredibly lean and appears quite a bit faster than he was last year.  He is running away from people.  I saw it first in the Lamar game and thought, well, that's Lamar, but he has also done it against Iowa and Southern Miss.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

Jeffrey Wilson runs like Demarco Murray did when I got to watch him in my one year at OU. Not quite as powerful as Demarco but makes the same cuts at the same speed.  He's special.  It's too bad he was hampered by all the things we are finally caught up on from a nutrition/wellness perspective.  Oh what could have been.  

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Jeffrey Wilson runs like Demarco Murray did when I got to watch him in my one year at OU. Not quite as powerful as Demarco but makes the same cuts at the same speed.  He's special.  It's too bad he was hampered by all the things we are finally caught up on from a nutrition/wellness perspective.  Oh what could have been.  

I remember Demarco at OU and I only went to UNT, 79-10 is hard to forget.

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...

I think Wilson will play at the next level, but I think he will be used like Dunbar has been used. Mainly as a 3rd down back on passing downs. Something to get him out in space. I highly doubt if teams will look at him as a 1st and 2nd down back. Until he reaches age 25, he is going to continue to struggle to maintain weight. Once the metabolism slows, then he will maintain that weight.