MGB: NFL Combine invitation list out

Brett Vito

9 minutes ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Why did we fire McCarney if it was RV's job to get the players ready to play, perform, and get ready for the draft?

We've got that RV is supposed to discipline instead of the coaches.  RV is supposed to check out who is working out instead of the S&C coach.  Now, he's also responsible to getting players draft ready instead of the S&C coach and position coaches?

What are the coaches supposed to do while RV is doing their jobs for them?  Show up on game day with their shirts on forward?

You didn't know Littrell hasn't ever been a HC at the P5 level before?   He's not big enough to dress himself.   RV does this for him.  So yeah, if his shirt is inside-out, it's RV's fault.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure it is RV's fault since he became the Athletic Director that not a single North Texas football player has ever been selected or played on a NFL team. 

Thanks RV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenDadx2 said:

I'm sure it is RV's fault since he became the Athletic Director that not a single North Texas football player has ever been selected or played on a NFL team. 

Thanks RV

I know everyone's going with the oh here we go attitude

but RV is in charge of hiring the people that do the recruiting and coaching.

If we keep having to fire and hire people in charge of the recruiting and coaching, who do we blame?

If I keep having to fire all three of my employees because they're bad at what they do, and it costs my department over THREE MILLION DOLLARS should I be in charge of doing this anymore (even if I did make some bad ass maps, and I got the department a shiny new 60 inch plotter)?

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 6

And who remembers the last player drafted from UNT?

But ya, nothing to see here. Nothing is RV's fault. He has been such a wonderful AD and a great friend to many...

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I know everyone's going with the oh here we go attitude

but RV is in charge of hiring the people that do the recruiting and coaching.

If we keep having to fire and hire people in charge of the recruiting and coaching, who do we blame?

If I keep having to fire all three of my employees because they're bad at what they do, and it costs my department over THREE MILLION DOLLARS should I be in charge of doing this anymore (even if I did make some bad ass maps, and I got the department a shiny new 60 inch plotter)?

^^^^

Gets it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

If Coach Litrell's offense works, we should have at least one WR invited next year. Numbers speak volumes, and that Air-Raid offense will post numbers. I have made the decision to forget the last few years of the no-draft, no-combine, no-Senior Bowl invitee nonsense and be more positive about the future. Seth will make us better and we will score a ton of points. That should get our players noticed and invited. Now, regarding the UTSA player invited from this year's Highway-Chicken's team? How can that guy get an invite to the combine after the so-so season (45 catches for 566 and 5 touchdowns?) and a losing team record. Oh, and then there's a guy named Brelan Chancellor from North Texas who didn't get an invite to the 2014 combine. Remind me again what that guy did at North Texas?

2013:
• Rushed for two touchdowns in the Heart of Dallas Bowl victory over UNLV 
• Made six receptions for 74 yards and finished the Bowl win with 181 all-purpose yards 
• Named the 2013 Conference USA Special Teams Player of the Year 
• Named first-team Conference USA punt returner and kick returner, only second player in league history to do so
• Earned second-team C-USA honors as a wide receiver 
• One of only 10 players in the nation to return a punt and kickoff for a TD 
• Was named a Midseason First-Team All-American by Phil Steele's Magazine 
• Had a single season school record 1,964 all-purpose yards in 2013 
• Had four games of over 200-yards of all-purpose yardage 
• Had 386 punt return yards, a single-season school record 
• Had a 99-yard kickoff return for a TD against No. 9 Georgia, the third kickoff return for a TD of his career 
• The 99-yard kickoff return is the second longest kick return in school history 
• Became the first player to return a punt for a TD since 2004 when he took back a 65-yard punt return against Rice 
• Was one of only two players in nation with three punt returns of 50-yards or more 
• Ranked 11th in the nation in kickoff returns and fifth in the nation in punt returns 
• Had a 62-yard punt return against Idaho and a 55-yard punt return against MTSU 
• Had three 100-yard receiving games this season and four touchdowns 
• Notched a career-high 135 yards receiving against Idaho, including an 85-yard touchdown catch 
• Had four catches of over 40-yards this season
• Had a career-high nine receptions and a TD against Ball State 
• Ranks fifth in school history with seven 100-yard receiving games 
• Had 16 rushes for 123 yards 
• Was twice named the Conference USA Special Teams Player of the Week 

Let's see what happens next year. The whole thing is so frustrating.

GMG

1 hour ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Why did we fire McCarney if it was RV's job to get the players ready to play, perform, and get ready for the draft?

We've got that RV is supposed to discipline instead of the coaches.  RV is supposed to check out who is working out instead of the S&C coach.  Now, he's also responsible to getting players draft ready instead of the S&C coach and position coaches?

What are the coaches supposed to do while RV is doing their jobs for them?  Show up on game day with their shirts on forward?

Wow. So much irrelevance in this post. 

RV's job is to hire coaches that create winning programs. That's it. He's doing a bad job of that. Quit pushing blame away from the common denominator of our suck. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3