KDFW's Max Morgan Passed Away

UNTflyer

The man who greeted viewers with “Hello Dallas-Fort Worth… let's talk sports" has died.

Max Morgan started every one of his KDFW sportscasts with that saying, along with a smile and a magnificent baritone voice.

For nearly 21 years Morgan was there to cover it all for Channel 4 – two Cowboys Super Bowl wins, a Stars Stanley Cup, a Mavericks title and two trips to the World Series by the Rangers.

Morgan had been off the air recently and was admitted last week to a Dallas-area hospital suffering from congestive heart failure.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26598264/fox4-sports-anchorreporter-max-morgan-dies-at-59

• Upvote 2

I think you all remember that Richard Durrett, who passed away earlier this summer, was my best friend. I gave his eulogy that day and met so many of his peers who just loved him. Max Morgan was one of them. He and Richard were good pals--in some weird way, it gives me great peace to think that Richard and Max are yukking it up together in Heaven looking down on all of us...its been a tough year for the local sports scene, for sure. RIP, boys...

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 6