Prediction: UNT vs. Minnesota in Heart of Dallas Bowl

Harry

No you are right the odds are against it however, you could see a situation where many of the top teams suffer losses...it has happened before. Also there is a whole new voting situation, people like Condoleezza Rice are on the voting committee and that could impact the ultimate selections. Also doesn't hurt that their QB Cato is a heisman candidate. Is it a long shot yes but who knows... I hope they can make it or at a minimum be in the conversation.

Hold on...I must've been living in a cave....but WTF are people like Condoleezza Rice doing voting on who should be included in the College football playoff??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I mean, I had ZERO hope that this new 4 team playoff would be better than the BCS anyways....but that is just absurd!! :fpc::roadrage:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Another site is projecting up vs. Minnesota in HOD:

Dec. 26 Heart of Dallas (Dallas): Minnesota (Big Ten/Big 12) vs. North Texas (C-USA)

Link: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Preseason-201415-Bowl-Projections.html

These guys are spending no time looking at the C-USA bowl agreements and are going by simple geography. "Marshall is near the East Coast right? Bahama's Bowl."

Like I said before the only way we ever get back to the HoD is by winning the conference, or the league winner making the playoff. If Marshall wins the league, there is no way they would turn down playing a B10 school to play Toledo. And that will hold true for anyone in the league, even FAU/FIU.

HoD is out only guaranteed tie in to a P5 school, every conf champion will want a chance to beat a P5 school, the conf champ gets to pick their bowl, then the other bowls are slotted by the conference... that means every conf champion will pick the HoD.

• Upvote 2

Hold on...I must've been living in a cave....but WTF are people like Condoleezza Rice doing voting on who should be included in the College football playoff??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I mean, I had ZERO hope that this new 4 team playoff would be better than the BCS anyways....but that is just absurd!! :fpc::roadrage:

I think you are underestimating her - she's a pretty avid football fan and extremely smart. I also think she will be fair. They need to get some voters with new blood or it will all be old school guys who have been programmed to think only Texas Michigan and LSU etc deserve to be there...