Scrimmage This Saturday, what time and is it open?

MeanGreen01

Okay, thanks. This is going to be the longest couple of weeks. Now I can remember what it feels like to be so close to Christmas! Ha :)

Can't wait to open our presents and especially to open the large can or package of UT Arse Kicking?!

• Upvote 1

Okay, thanks. This is going to be the longest couple of weeks. Now I can remember what it feels like to be so close to Christmas! Ha :)

Can't wait to open our presents and especially to open the large can or package of UT Arse Kicking?!

Go and hang around the fence. They may make you leave, they may not.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They should allow season ticket holders,donors, or club members a peek. Would it be any value or incentive if that was a privledge?

This.

I've never understood why they don't provide donors access, not just ticket holders, but donors, yes. Yet every ath department staff person and relative can get in, and any distant uncles of players can get in, even if they might be uT scouts. It would be such an easy, cost-free perk to add some real value to an otherwise mostly meaningless club.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yet every ath department staff person and relative can get in, and any distant uncles of players can get in, even if they might be uT scouts.

This is my exactly true, especially in the McCarney era. Coach Mac plays his Fall camp extreeeeeemely close to the vest. He knows if folks like us are around, we'd be spilling all sorts of info online like we do in the Spring, including injuries. He absolutely hates publicity of injuries and doesn't even tell Brett Vito of them unless they're career ending.

For four weeks, UNT Fall Camp is essentially North Korea in terms of information getting out and I think this is rightly so.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This.

I've never understood why they don't provide donors access, not just ticket holders, but donors, yes. Yet every ath department staff person and relative can get in, and any distant uncles of players can get in, even if they might be uT scouts. It would be such an easy, cost-free perk to add some real value to an otherwise mostly meaningless club.

Depending on your donation level, you do have access. :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

They should allow season ticket holders,donors, or club members a peek. Would it be any value or incentive if that was a privledge?

To be brutally honest, no. If you're diehard enough of an MG fan already to where you'd actually attend practice, you're already a MGC member/season ticket holder. Speaking to incentive. Some current donors/ticket holders would value it, sure.

Edited by MDH
  • Upvote 1

I prefer missing these fall scrimmages, if this philosophy is part of the formual that allows UNT to post winning seasons, and go to bowl games.

I remember watching the fall scrimmages under Dodge, when we never won anything. That wasn't as fun.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1