Will there Be a Drop Off in Offensive Production in 2014

pastorgrant

Well I certainly hope not. It wasn't that good at scoring points last season and was probably the main reason we didn't win the conference. As the QB position goes, so goes our chances at another good, strong showing in CUSA in 2014.

So to answer the question, I'll say "I don't know." Because there are so many unknown variables related to QB and WR play, it's hard to say. There's cause for optimism with the O-line and at RB, but Texas probably isn't going to be a very good gauge of what we have, early on.

By the time conference play rolls around, we'll have a really good idea of what kind of team we'll be... and the identity of this team in 2015 (which I think has the potential to be another big season for us).

Edited by Eagle1855
  • Upvote 3

Despite losing some real playmakers, I actually believe that it will stay similar or even get better, due to the O-line. Also there is room to grow here, as UNT primarily won with defense, not offense last season.

Now if only I could hold a shred of hope that no regression would also be the case in our D. But alas I think it is almost impossible that we will not suffer more against the run there than last season. And I can't imagine that we will not miss the hell out of BC in special teams

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

I picked about the same as far as overall output at the end of the year. I am assuming McNulty is the starter. Our running production will increase with the increase of speed at rb and qb. We probably pass even worse than last year.

We will rack up numbers against weak teams. When we struggle, its going to be ugly. Cant make a lot if comebacks if the qb cant throw.

Probably a similar record, but the losses will be uglier. Ohio, Tulane, and UTSA were close losses. We come out flat this year, no need to see the second half.

I voted for better. I am not even close to confident in that vote. I'm going on gut feel, perceived talent potential with younger players, and Coach Mac's mojo. That's it.

Another wild card I'm counting on - attendance will be even better than last year due to student excitement and finally some alums will get off their sports lazy, indifferent asses and start showing up (I'm talking about fence sitters).

We will also sponsor classes through the AD's office on how fans should handle adverse weather conditions during games.

• Upvote 1

The big bellies up front is my sole reason for this unit to be more productive than last year. Teams will have to commit numbers to the box and stopping the run. Making the type of throws for whoever will be our QB much much easier. More play action getting slots behind LBs crossing, quick screens, and deep posts once we have pounded it down teams throats and play action a safety into a dog cussing rant from his coach.

• Upvote 2