Size of the UNT headed to Austin

Cr1028

Well, me and my stepdad are going to be there, but he's a UT alum, and we are going to be sitting on the UT home side, so really all I'm contributing is one really belligerent UNT fan that might get drowned in a sea of orange..... :/

You're a great American.

• Upvote 3

Well, me and my stepdad are going to be there, but he's a UT alum, and we are going to be sitting on the UT home side, so really all I'm contributing is one really belligerent UNT fan that might get drowned in a sea of orange..... :/

I had a really great time last year doing the same thing in Athens sitting with my brother-in-law Georgia alum. Standing up and yelling when Brelan returned that kick for a touchdown and watching everyone stare at me will always be an awesome memory for me.

More on topic, I will be there +1 in Austin--sticking to the green section this time, though.

Edited by jredallas

I'm just glad its gonna be an evening game this time. Back in 06 when we played them it was SCORCHING. Sun directly overhead at kickoff. The UT bench had those in-jersey mist spray things and we just had porta-cools but with no water hoses.

The heat was no match for the players back in that game. The heat and Brian Orakpo.

A lot of tailgating happens at the Baseball staidum (I-35 @ MLK Blvd) across the highway from the stadium, as well as between Red River Street and the stadium (by the track and field stadium). I mean, there's tailgating everywhere.

Also, you should show up looking like this

Mack Brown did so much to change the culture at UT. It wasn't that way before he got there. Then they canned his ass. Remind the UT faithful what game day was like before Mack.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What the hell is this?

Yeah, I dunno. It's the reason why we are still 2nd tier. If fans aren't pushing for results then why in the hell would the administration push for it. It would cost them more money for better coaches, facilities, faculty. Let's just accept our ass beating and remain forever a 2nd class athletic program. No expectations here, let administration just kick back and feel no pressure to be better. But let me guess, this is my high horse I'm on for having expectations and expecting improvement?
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

What the hell is this?

Quite possibly reality.

I would take a 41-24 UT outcome with UNT keeping it close through the 3rd, much like Georgia last year.

That is a 17 point loss to the program with the most resources in the State of Texas. At their place.

We lose a bunch of starters that were leaders from a bowl team. Expecting much more than this is setting yourself up for a letdown.

Of course, I would love to be surprised on 08/30.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3