Stephan Gehringer

NT03

Stephan Gehringer 6'1 270lbs DT

2013 21-5A 1st team

Defensive MVP in the NUC All-American All-Star Game in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

HS teammate of Conner Means

Officially committed to play ball at The University Of North Texas! So blessed with the family and… http://t.co/rli9L9z47E

— stephan gehringer (@stephandp49)

May 4, 2014

Looks like he originally signed with Midwestern State. Likely a walk on , but someone who could possibly add depth to a very thin line

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If you read his personal statement, you can't help but be for him. He had a life that would have caused most to give up but he is still hanging in there pursuing his goals.

Due to his accomplishment in the all-star game it would not surprise me if he will be given a scholarship rather than just granted preferred walk-on status.

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/tx/deer-park/deer-park-high-school/stephan-gehringer

• 2 months later...

BillySee58 do you know anything else about the other walk-ons?

AJ Ezzard was a 3-year starter at Southlake Carroll, including their 2011 state championship team. He's a very good running back and I was surprised to see he wasn't getting offers throughout the process. Great get as a walkon, although he steps into an unfortunate situation of great depth at running back, including two true freshmen backs. But he'll bring more good competition.

Ced Fernandes played at my high school. He was a freshman when I was a senior, so we never played together but he's a stud. Was a 3-year starter, although he missed his junior year due to a torn acl. Good athleticism but he's not very big. Another solid addition as a walkon.