Matt Joeckel leaves A&M

BillySee58

Well, since it's bound to come up here anyways, Matt Joeckel of Arlington high school is graduating A&M and still has 1 year of eligibility remaining. Wonder if proximity to home and Josh Greer both make us a factor.

Joeckel started the Rice game and had 190 yards and 1 passing td in the first half, while Johnny Manziel was suspended for the first half. Other than that, not much playing time in his college career. Twin brother was the second overall pick in last year's NFL draft to the Jaguars.

I've seen SMU and TCU as potential landing spots

I doubt they will let him go to TCU -- SMU is a possibility unless they are on the schedule.

I'm very wary of the one year transfer in football as it can impact your entire foundation of work and chemistry, morale etc...

Basketball is different, I think the talented nomad thing works better there...

I doubt they will let him go to TCU -- SMU is a possibility unless they are on the schedule.

I'm very wary of the one year transfer in football as it can impact your entire foundation of work and chemistry, morale etc...

Basketball is different, I think the talented nomad thing works better there...

Can they dictate where he transfers if he has already graduated?

I think aTm is on SMU's schedule.

To me SMU is the most logical destination within Texas. Pass friendly offense. Jones has pulled in the transfer before with Gilbert from UT.

SMU is thin at the QB position.

TCU wants to do the zone read fast paced offense with Boykins and Joeckel just got out of an offense that would be something similar.

NCAA rule allows one to transfer to anywhere they choose after they graduate , but the BIGXII can block a kid from doing so within the conference. We saw this with the Texas Tech kid. Since A&M is in the SEC he would be allowed to go to TCU and it looks like he just may....

So it looks like #TCU QB Tyler Matthews is transferring out while former A&M QB Matt Joeckel is interested in transferring in

— Alex Apple (@AlexAppleDFW)

April 16, 2014